08 || runaway

Welcome to the panic room
Where all your darkest fears are gonna come for you

🌥️

🌫️

🌧️

Harith’s POV.

⠀Harley suddenly had an evil smile painted on his face a before he said, “She’s right. Never trust anyone,”

Please tell me he’s joking... “Harley...? What do you mean?” I asked, I have a really really bad feeling about this.

⠀“Of course, you understand. Have you ever read or even watch the news? Don’t you know who I really am?” he asked, he looked like he was slowly losing his sanity.

⠀“... But... it said, you quit being a criminal,” I answered.

⠀Harley chuckled sinisterly before he said, “Oh my God... You believed those lies? I mean, how can someone bad quit all of the sudden? Don’t they have a purpose? Of course they have!”

⠀I was speechless. Just in two days, I lost the person I love the most and got betrayed by my — so called — best friend. Life’s really unfair.

⠀“What about you? G-gusion, I thought you approved our relationship...” I said, my voice was shaky. I wanted to cry but I just... couldn’t.

⠀Gusion stared blankly to the ground as he replied, “I do. Until, Harley offered something better than yours. Besides, he has more money than you do,”

⠀“See? No one even likes you anymore, Harith. So... let’s just make my job easier,” Harley said as a wand appeared. He took the wand as he aimed it on me.

⠀“No,” I suddenly said.

⠀“Pardon me, what?” Harley asked.

⠀“I said, no. I won’t give up so easily to you. You can beat me to death but I won’t give (Y/n) to you,”

⠀Harley was taken aback for a moment before he starts laughing maniacally, “Still not giving up yet? You’re outnumbered, idiot. Besides, (Y/n) was never yours. She was mine from the start. You are just the bad guy in the story, ruining our love story,”

⠀“She never loved you anyway. She probably was just pitying you. Look at you, you’re so pathetic. One versus five and you still think you can win? Are you kidding me? Ha! If I put you into nonexistent, then I can have (Y/n) to myself. We will have a house near a beach, we will have two kids, a dog, a cat, or anything she wants! I’ll give it to her! And what can you get for her? Hope?” he added, mocking me.

⠀“I can give her much more love and care than you can give to her. Money isn’t everything,” I replied in a cold tone.

⠀Harley smirked as he ‘tch’ed. Suddenly, some tentacles appeared from his back, ripping his clothes. ( yes I headcanon Harley V.E.N.O.M. having tentacles bc he’s octo ) Harley actually was wearing his V.E.N.O.M. suit inside his clothes. He puts his hat on before dusting his suit.

⠀“Let’s just finish this quickly. Vespid, Scorpion, Lizard, Nephilia, kill him,” he commanded. “Oh and, Nephilia. Hand over (Y/n) to me before you attack him,” he added.

⠀Hanabi’s spider legs lend over (Y/n) which I took advantage of. I shoot my magic orb to her spider legs which made the spider legs dropped (Y/n). Even though my body is beginning to tremble, I reached over to (Y/n), gripping her body tightly. No, I’m not letting her being taken away. I promised to protect her. I won’t let her down.

⠀“What the!? Nephilia, you’re useless! Get (Y/n) back or I will remove you from the organization!” Harley shouted at Hanabi, Hanabi’s eyes were blank as she nodded as if she was the puppet who was controlled by the puppeteer.

⠀Hanabi’s spider legs brought her over to me. I made sure to cover (Y/n) — just in case she attacked from far — as I used my second skill to rush forward. I have to reach the S.A.B.E.R. headquarters. I was about to use my second skill again only to realize that it was in cooldown. Angela was gone but there was a sign above Hanabi that shows Angela is in her. Grock kneeled over Harley which made Harley sat on Grock’s shoulder. While Gusion was on his own.

Shit, I am outnumbered, I thought as I began to panic increasing my pace. I turned around the corner only to find myself in an unfamiliar place. It was crowded but at least, it would make me easier to flee from them. I decided to bond in the crowd. I bumped into person countless times but I haven’t got any signs that they are near me.

⠀I turned my head around to see Grock and Harley looking around, looking for me. I quickly turned my head around again as I continue to walk, if I run, they would probably mark me so I decided to bond in the crowd.

⠀As I walked, I checked (Y/n). Gosh, how can she managed to be so beautiful even in her sleep? Alright, Harith, now is not the time to fangirl about her!

⠀Well, whatever happens. I will not let them get to my (Y/n). I hope you will wake up soon, (Y/n)!

a/n :: eeek— i’m back! sorry for the long wait!! life’s been tougher on me earlier and exams have just finished! i promise i will update more soon! sorry for this short chapter!