44.| Jiejie Is On The News

Your POV

"Hah. Your joking right?"

I think I stopped breathing for a bit...

"Right? You're just joking about it. I mean how can you fall in lov-"

"I do like you Zheng Yibin!" I cut him off by yelling.

He spins around on his heels and smirks as he walks towards me.

His cups my left cheek as my breath hitches.

"Princess..." He starts in a raspy voice. "You know that I don't like you. I may feel possessive over you, and maybe the slightest attraction at sometimes. But not even close to like you. So let go of this thought. You and I are never a possibility. You use me for money, I use you for pleasure. That's it." Once he finishes, he drops his hand and heads back inside. I continue to stand outside in silence.

Even though this sounds dramatic. I could hear my heart shatter. Piece by piece.

Why did my stupid mouth confess? Why did I have to have feelings for him... I knew the endgame of this. I knew it. I even called it. Yet... I still said it. How stupid.

I dragged my feet inside and headed into the kitchen. Waipo saw and told to go get Yibin since it's almost dinner time. But, he has already left to the airport. I didn't want to tell his grandparents since they were so happy that he was joining, but not even a full day, he as left back to Beijing.

"Oh? Where is Yibin?" Waigong asks. I smiled in a thin line.

"Yibin had to leave early since he has an exam tomorrow." I lied. But it was the only way not to break their hearts.

"Oh. What a shame. I made his favourite food too."

I felt more guilty. I don't know why I do since he chose to go home early to see Yeh Shuhua... but I still have this pressured feeling.

"Yuejia. Come sit down and eat. You're heading back tomorrow? Right?"

I shook my head. "No. I'm heading back the day after."

"Wonderful~! Let me take you out tomorrow." Waipo cheers happily. Seeing her smile. I couldn't deny it.

__________

The next 2 days were okay... I guess. I did enjoy going out with waipo and waigong.
I called Xiaomi-jie, my personal hairstylist and talked to her about the whole situation because she is basically the only one who knows about this situation the most. You might wonder why I didn't tell Yuqi. Since she is one of my close friends, but she doesn't know that I have a crush on Yibin.

But long story short. I had an amazing time with his grandparents. But sadly it was time for me to return. Truthfully, I really didn't want to. I don't want to come back and be humiliated.

"Granddaughter-in-law~! Where are you? I need to give you something." I perked my ears up and headed towards the kitchen.

"Hm? What is it waipo?"

She then hands me a whole bag full of food. My eyes widened and quickly took it from her hands because I was afraid it was too heavy for her to carry.

"What's in here, waipo?"

She smiles and points at the bag and confidently says, "Fruits. Cookies. Some dumplings and steam rice."

I smiled in disbelief. "Waipo. Don't you think this is too much?"

She shakes her head. "Call me, old fashion. But on the airplane. Nothing tastes good as homemade Chinese food."