Chapter 1

The debates were raging like a freshly erupted volcano in the desert, spurting lava at every direction. Debates of having a unified government for the whole world and how it promised to prosper the entire world by fostering the much lacking peace in the world. Several meetings had been held with respect to this topic over the last few years and it seemed they had finally come to a conclusion. Those in favor of the motion were already prevailing amidst now-dwindling arguments from the opposition.

There was already two front runners for the position of the world ruler. The sovereign ruler who was going to have absolute control over whatever goes on even in the deepest nooks and crannies of the earth. It was surely a much coveted position, but not everyone who dreamt of it had the guts to voice out their desires. There were just two men now not too long from the election. Mason Ryther and Mark Kryzystov. The latter was a Russian and was obviously the first pick of most top-draw politicians because he was the more experienced player between both of them and seemed to have more of the required knowledge on handling such a herculean task.

Mason Ryther however, seemed to be the pick of the populace. His charms was enough to buy off the most of the female folks. His bright blue eyes, his dark hair that was always well trimmed and the slime line of beard that ran down his chin was enough to send anyone to fantasy land. But his body build with broad chest and popping biceps alongside his near-perfect dentition was an icing on this appetizing cake. He spoke with much eloquence and his persuasiveness was unparalleled. Most people already concluded he'd win the elections even before the final senate meeting to proclaim their eligibility to contest and officially declare the campaigns open.

His past also seemed to play a role in his popularity and he, somehow, had the empathy of the average person on his side due to the incident that saw him lose both parents in a ghastly "accident" when he was only 21. It made the news then and some people were just happy to see him back on the news – and not for tragedy this time.

It was the outcome of a hot, sunny Saturday afternoon that first brought Mason to the news when he was 21. Young Mason sat on his bed and in his usual position with both legs folded and tucked under his butt and hands placed together as in a prayer fashion. He had been like that for the greater part of the day, meditating, conversing and putting pieces of his sketchy plans together. Mazzikim was seated beside him in her white, torn dress tinted with black flowing lines that made it seem like raging molten magma and her little curly horns protruded from the large mass of hair that sat on her head flowing down to her waist line.

"You're 21 today, you know what you're supposed to accomplish!" Mazzikim said as she stroked his soft, black hair that shone brightly with the sunrays that trickled into the room through his partly opened windows. Mason smiled in response revealing his perfect dentition that seemed to glitter. He was a charming young man and was even more enthralling whenever he smiled. His biceps perfectly built at such a young age and his sprouting facial hair neatly had always made girls drool even before he employed his silky tongue in a conversation.

"There's no need reiterating, I've thought about this day all my life. The task will be accomplished", he replied as his smile faded and his eyes reddened. You could hear hate in his voice and smell wickedness in his breath as he spoke.

"Yes, my lord", Mazzikim replied with an evil smile as Mason rose from his bed to accomplish the task at hand.

Mason tiptoed across the corridor as he made it to the main junction box and shut off the electric connection to the house. Calypso, his little sister had been soaked in a movie in her room and was surprised by the power cut, she ran out of her room in her little short and a undershirt and saw her brother rewiring as he spoke to someone she couldn't see. "They die today", he muttered as he strung a mass of wires together and closed the box.