Chapter 31 - Together

'Babe?’ I softly touched his shoulder and shook him gently. 'Ney, amor.. Wake up..’ It was still dark inside and Davi was standing next to him. 'Hm? What’s wrong?’ A soft smile spread across my mouth. 'Can you move a little to the left?’ I hovered over him to help Davi on the bed. I earned a soft 'Thank you’ from Davi as Ney shifted a little to the left. 'Davi, why aren’t you laying in your own bed?’ Ney asked before covering his son with the blanket. 'Are you mad?’ The muffled voice came from under the blanket. I pulled it away from his face before laying on my left side. 'He isn’t mad, honey.’ I kissed his cheek before closing my eyes. 'I’m not, but what’s wrong Lucca?’ 

'Papi, I couldn’t sleep.. So I thought that..’ He was silent for a few seconds. 'I just couldn’t sleep.’ I chuckled and felt a hand on my hip. My hand found it’s way to his and I laid mine on his. 

'Can I sleep with you?’ A faint voice said which caused me and Ney to laugh. 'You’re already laying here.’ Ney stated dryly. 

'Megan, can I drink something?’ I opened my eyes and slowly sat up. 'I’ll get you some water.’ I murmured and slipped on my slippers. 'I’ll get it..’ Ney said. I softly chuckled before walking to the door. 'Too late, gentleman.’ I said before walking down the stairs. 

I woke up by Davi sitting on my stomach, grinning down at me. 'Well, hello there!’ I smiled before grabbing him under his armpits and setting him next to me. 'Goodmorning.’ I looked up to see Ney standing in the doorway with a towel round his middle. 'Hello.’ I smiled before glancing over his body. I felt a blush creep on my cheeks before looking at Davi. 

'Davi, go and get your clothes.’ Davi nodded excited before exiting the room. 

'Are you still mad at me?’ He sat at the end of the bed and looked at me while biting on his lip. I shrugged while letting myself backwards again. 'Babe, I understand but..’ I took a deep breath. 'I’m not a child anymore, you can’t.. you can’t keep protecting me.’ I felt the weight shift and suddenly he was hovering over me. 'You’re my girlfriend, my best friend.’ He pecked my lips and smiled down at me. 'I’ll always protect you.’ I softly giggled before lacing my arms around his neck. 'Cheesy.’ I softly sang before pecking his lip once more.

The door bursted open and revealed a grinning Davi. 'Got them!’

'Bruna asked if I wanted to hang out with her tomorrow.’ I wished he said that earlier so there wasn’t an awkward silence while I was chewing. 'Bruna?’ I asked, a little curious. 'Bruna.’ He confirmed before returning his gaze back at the television. 'Where are you going to hang out?’ He shrugged before grabbing his phone. 'Maybe here..’ He said, trailing of. I nodded. 'Okay.’ I said firmly before returning my focus back on my plate. 

'You’re not jealous?’ I looked back up to see his eyes locking with mine and shook my head. 'I know you love me. I shouldn’t be jealous, I get to hang out with you every night.’ He softly laughed before laying a hand on my leg. 'You’re right babe, I only got eyes for you.’ 

I rested my hands on the counter and took a deep breath. I felt a pair of hands on my hips and smiled. 'Coming to bed with me?’ He softly said in my ear before pressing soft kisses in the crook of my neck. 'Okay.’ I whispered before lacing our hands together. Our hands didn’t leave it’s comfortable, warm place before we reached the bedroom. 

Soon our clothes were together in a pile and we were tangled in each others embrace.

'Or I could cancel tomorrow and we could hang out together?’ His muffled voice came from above my head and took me out of my slumber.

'No, you go and hang out with Bruna. It’s been a long time.’ He was quiet for a moment. 'Are you sure?’

'Yes, positive.’ He breathed a kiss in my hair. 'I love you.’

'I love you to.’

_________________________

I am really sorry that it had been such a long time! I'm also sorry that it's such a short chapter but it's a little chaotic here and I'm also not feeling well. I haven't been feeling well in a while now, I'm sorry! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter :)