"Catherine please drop all these Sirs, my name is George"

"Sir in a professional setting, we use professional terms,so Mr George, I don't think there's anything wrong with it" Catherine replied

"Cath stop it" George warned but in a quiet voice

"Stop what sir? Catherine continued

"Catherine I know you are mad at me but stop all these,do you hate me that much?" George asked

But before Catherine would reply the door made way revealing a slender woman with the looks of a model, she was wearing a crop top over her black jeans with a pair of expensive Jordan sneakers, her hair was let down to her shoulders and then she had dark shades on

"Baby" the melanin goddess cooed in an high pitched voice before moving over to George and kissing him on the lips.

"You are such a bad baby boy, you didn't call me while I was away for two days, who does that?" She complained.

" I was busy Melody" George said smiling a bit

"And you didn't award that contract to me" she accused again

"Melody you already have more than 10 contracts, face those ones first" George told her and then she sneered before she finally noticed the presence of Catherine.

"Whoah! What is my business rival doing in my boyfriend's office?" Melody asked with a smirk
Well Melody Okafor owned Déjà vu, the number one restaurant in the state.

"I awarded the contract to her" George explained but Melody only smiled.

"Ok" she said with her hands still on George "I'll be outside" she said before leaving.

"About the meal anything would be perfect, tell my secretary your price" George said and then she stood up.

She gave him the last look,her face was stoic
"Have a nice day Sir" she said before leaving

****
I'm not ignoring you trust me
I'm always busy with something
............SMA by Nasty c& Rowlene

Catherine
3:00Pm

Catherine couldn't stay in her restaurant, she simply went to a park and found a seat and thought of her life,of all her memories. She thought of George, he had also moved on without her.

"I'm so insignificant, I've always being"
He wasted her time, he tossed her love and now he was with a new girl, probably she would be his wife. She wanted to hate him that minute but couldn't bring herself to because despite how she tried to ignore it, she still felt a spark for him, the memory of Melody touching him was still hurting her badly. She didn't cry, she simply sat on one of the chairs and rested her head on it, she really needed a break. She switched off her phone and just watched the wonders of nature and slowly time moved till it was 7:00PM, she didn't notice how long she had spent there until the whole place became dark.

Catherine got to her car and tried to move it but it refused to move.

"God please, not today and not now" Catherine pleaded but still the car wouldn't move.

"I hate life, why does everyone and everything just have to be unfair" Catherine yelled before getting down from her car, she just had to start walking, there was no car in sight or any means of transportation

As she walked, one of her heels got spoilt and dark clouds were already gathering. In less than 30 minutes,it was raining heavily and Catherine was beyond drenched. She had no jacket or umbrella, just her pause and her phone was in it.

"Lord I need your help" Catherine pleaded and like a miracle, a car pulled up beside her

"Catherine come in" he told her. Catherine knew that voice anytime and anywhere.

"Thank you I'm fine on my own" she stubbornly told him.

"You are drenched Ifunnaya" George told her, she was already shivering.

"I said thank you and by the way my name is Catherine " she told him and kept walking.

"Catherine I know you hate me so much now but do this for yourself, just get into the car" he pleaded and then Catherine hoped in,his car looked brand new and smelt like his cologne. He handed her a towel and watched as she dried herself.

"What about your car?" He asked her
"It got spoilt"
"So sorry and this rain is not nice at all" he said

"I know George, just focus on your driving,I'm fine" Catherine told him and he offered a smile,the dimple was still there.

He fiddled with his car radio and soon Miss you bad by Mr Eazi and Burna boy was playing in the car. Catherine only spoke when she wanted to give directions and after a long ride of 30 minutes, they arrived and George stopped right in front of her house.

"We are here" he said with a small smile.

"Yeah,thanks for the ride" Catherine said as she came down.

"Oh,your towel"Catherine remembered when she was about to walk away.

"You can keep it" George replied and then drove away.

******
It was raining by 3:00Am while I was writing this chapter