Young Raini

This is a picture of Raini at about age 5. So I hope you like the pic! Here's a quick short story about young Raini.

Raini ran through the grass and bolted into the house. Little Carter and Carson were sleing peacefully, all the while Raini barreled toward the kitchen.

"Mommy!!!!" She screamed. "I'm hungry!!" Raini's mom came around the corner and put her hands on her hips. She smirked and pulled out a small bag of pretzels and handed it to the little girl.

"Don't scream. You could wake your brothers." She pushed little Raini out of the kitchen, "Go to your room please. Your step-dad will be home soon." Raini ran to her room with her bag of pretzels and started to play with some toys. After what felt like forever, but was just fifteen minutes, she heard the door slam open. Her step-dad was home. She could hear his cranky growls coming from the kitchen. The man was always mad, and said a lot of bad stuff. Raini kept playing with her toys, but couldn't help but hear the shouting. She tiptoed down the hallway and peeked her head out to hear what the two adults were saying.

"You miserable women!!" Her step-dad shouted, "You don't have dinner ready, and that miserable little child of yours stole my wallet!!"

"She never touched your wallet!" Raini's mom retaliated, "You need to shut up! Go get the twins and start feeding them!"

"You can't tell me what to do!!!! I'm the man of the house!" The shouting got louder, "I'm tired of your attitude and that annoying little girl!!"

"You can't talk to me like that!" She screamed back. Raini's step-dad raised his hand and slapped her mother across the cheek. Raini couldn't remember what happened within the next minute, but she remembered seeing her step-dad lying in the floor rubbing his head like he hit it. Raini was at her mother's side whispering softly. Her mom sat up and began to speak, "If you don't like it here, then leave!! I want a divorce."

A few days after they had filed for divorce, and Raini's nasty step-dad had left the house for good. From there on it was only uphill. The family had cutoff all ties from that man. This was the day Raini wished she could forget with all of her heart.

Okay... I am sad after writing that!! I just needed something to describe when Raini was young. I thought what better than her step-dad? So... I hoped you likens the chapter, and there will be more to come!