Chapter 14

Joey sat on his couch bouncing a ball against the wall in boredom. He had invited Hanna over for pizza tonight and he was waiting for her to call back with her answer.

  Joey knew she was probably with Grey. He wanted her to like him. Not Grey. But how could he do that if  she was never around him?

  Joey had two small unlit candles on his coffee table and a bottle of wine he stole from Monica and Chandler in his fridge. He had the pizza place on speed dial so that whenever she told him she was coming he could call.

  Would she think it was weird? He really hoped not because he really liked her.

  Joey knew he felt something for her and he knew it wasn't lust. It was far beyond it. Joeys mind couldn't wrap around it because he'd never experienced something like it.

The phone rang loudly and Joey threw the ball across the room and dove for the phone. He picked it up and eagerly said hello.

Did he say that too fast?

  "Hello? Joey? Oh, thank God you answered. We're out of-"

  "Chandler? Agh!" Joey yelled angrily into the phone.

  "I'm glad to talk to you, too?" Chandler mumbled sarcastically.

  "I'm waiting for Hanna to call. I thought you were her. Whatever you were gonna ask, the answer is no, because I'm waiting for Hanna." Joey said sternly. Chandler let out a small laugh.

  "Awe that's cute. You sure she's gonna call?"

  "Wh-No. I'm not sure."

  "Well, good luck with that. I'll just call Ross." Joey hung up and sighed. After a few moments, the phone rang again. Joey dove for the phone just like before and answered with the same eager greeting.

  "Hey, Joey!"

  "Oh! Hanna. Thank God." He sighed, relieved.

  "What? What happened?" She asked.

  "Oh uhhh nothing I just didn't know if you were going to call." He said trying to make it sound like he didn't care.

  "Well, I did! I'm on my way over. I'm leaving my apartment now. You up for the Rangers game?"

  "Yea Yea. I'm always up for a Rangers game!" Joey said excitedly.

  "Ok I'll see you in like...five."

  "Ok! Alright. Bye"

  "ByeBye!" As Hanna hung up, Joey pumped his fists in the air in victory. He felt like a highschool boy who'd just had his first kiss with his first love. He jumped up and threw the phone onto the couch. When he realized what he did, he stopped jumping and ran to the phone.

  "Oh crap I have to order the pizza I'm not done with you yet!" He said to the phone and immediately called and ordered the pizza.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "You have to wear my lucky jersey!" Joey said as they sat at the bar eating pizza and waiting for the game to start.

  "Okay! Where's it at?" She said with a mouthfull.

  "I'll go get it!" He slid off his barstool and ran to his room. Almost slipping on the way.

  When he brought the jersey out of his hamper he lifted it to his nose and sniffed. His nose scrunched up and he grabbed his cologne off the shelf and spritzed it. Joey sniffed it again and shrugged, running back out to hand it to Hanna.