Chapter 9

"Good morning guys!" Hanna chimed, walking in to Central Perk.

  "Morning, Hanna! Muffin?" Monica asked. "it doesn't have nuts in it, I swear!"

  Hanna giggled and took one.

  "Thanks Mon."

Central Perk smelled of it's usual scents. Coffee beans, sweet pastries, and the cinnamon candle the seemed to burn 24/7. There was something else in the air, something heavy.

  Hanna took a seat beside Joey on the couch. Everyone looked at her expectantly.

  She took a bite of her muffin, completely oblivious to their expectant stares.

  She looked up and cocked an eyebrow.

  "....what?" She asked her mouth filled with muffin.

  "Tell us about your date, Hanna!" Rachel demanded excitedly.

   "Yeah! What kind of a guy is he? How far did you guys go?" Monica leaned in.

  Hanna flushed at the sudden questions.

   "Well...um...his name is Pierce. He's tall, with dirty blonde curly hair, and these striking blue eyes. He's nice, I guess." Hanna replied nonchalantly. She left out the part where shes already known Pierce for four years, and he's responsible for her move to New York. Her stomach burned with a feeling of regret.

Joey stared at the floor. Hanna didn't notice, she was too busy pondering over the mess she had made with Pierce.

Just then, the bell rang signaling the door opened. Hanna glanced towards the door, doing a double take when she saw who it was. 

"It's Pierce." Hanna whispered. She stood up swiftly, walking to meet him.

  "Hi, Pierce." Hanna forced a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"I was wondering if you want to go to a club down the road with me tonight. There's going to be a band playing, I think you'll like them." He moved in close to her, placing his hands on her arms. Hanna stepped backwards slightly.

  "Mmm....I don't know, Pierce. You know that's not really my scene." Hanna murmmered.

  "Oh, come on Hanna. Live a little. We did something you liked to do already, so now you have to do something I like to do. Besides, we won't be in the city forever." He pressed on. He was right, they did do something she liked to do. They had eaten at a small corner cafe the previous day. That was the date Monica had asked her about earlier. Hanna's eyes snapped to his as she processed his last sentence.

"What did you say?"

"Oh, come on, Hanna. Look, I'm sorry. I jumped the gun. It just slipped out."

"I'm not going back to Atlanta, Pierce. This is where I live now."

"Well, I'm sure I can change your mind." He nodded. "So, club tonight?"

  Hanna bit her lip. She could sense a hint of aggression in his tone. Her stomach churned. She didn't like it.

  But, still she said,

  "Alright."

He leaned in, kissing her on the lips quickly before walking out. He had moved so quickly that she hadn't even had the time to flinch. Hanna wondered if he had done it on purpose.

She turned around to find everyone staring at her. Hanna breathed in sharply.

"Wow, so you two are already casually kissing?" Monica asked, her eyebrows raised. Hanna laughed half-heartedly.