Epilogue/Holiday Special

The sun shone in Hanna's face and she rolled over to escape its penetrating blindness. As she rolled over, she collided with the warmth of a person.

  Not just a person, Joey. Her person.

  She pulled herself to Joey, tangling herself in him. He was still asleep, but he pulled Hanna into him as if it were instinct. Hanna smiled, smelling him. His scent was one that would be around her forever. The smell had a small hint of alcohol that wove itself through her senses, with a cologne smell that wrapped around her like a blanket. And finally, a hint of mint. It was the most amazing and comforting smell that she had ever smelled. Even after all of the trauma that she endured, Joey's smell had turned into her comfort. It was comforting the first time she smelled it, and she knew that it would be comforting the last time she smelled it.

She leaned over, checking the alarm clock to see what time it was. It was 10:34. Hanna smiled. She loved sleeping late with Joey because they didn't get to do it very often. Saturday's were her favorite.

Suddenly, Hanna shot out of bed.

It wasn't Saturday, it was Friday! She looked around, frantic. Why wasn't Joey at work? She looked at him. He had today off, that's right. They had talked about him having the day off the night before. She layed back down, snuggling back into Joey. Hanna lay there, still feeling like she was missing something. What was today's date? Why did Joey have today off?

"Joey!" Hanna sat up, shaking him. "Joey, it's Christmas Day! Get up!" She crawled out of bed, almost tripping. Joey groaned.

"Hanna we don't have to be at Chandlers and Mon's until 11." He whined in his morning voice. Hanna would have thought it was cute if she wasn't panicking.

"Joey, it's 10:40." Hanna looked at him as he sprang from the bed.

"What? Oh, shit!" He whined as he dug for pants in his dirty clothes hamper. Hanna tossed him a clean pair that she had cleaned for him because she knew that he would forget to wash a pair. He struggled to get them on as he hopped around the room, trying to gather his clothes. Hanna dug through her drawers, finding the outfit she had planned. It was a pair of white high waisted jeans with a turtleneck sweater and a black belt. She had picked out a white button up for Joey so that he could wear his leather jacket over it. She loved the way he looked in his leather jacket.

She put on her clothes and rushed into the bathroom, Joey was hot on her heels. They both squished in together at the sink to brush their teeth. They were almost done when Hanna had a feeling that Joey would forget to say it today.

"Couples who brush together, stay together!" Joey whisper-yelled, his mouth covered in toothpaste. Hanna smiled at him through the mirror, her mouth also covered in toothpaste. She shoved him in the shoulder. Joey has said that same exact sentence every morning that they had brushed their teeth together. It had become Hanna's favorite part of the day.

"Joey, leave, I have to pee." She said attempting to usher him out of the bathroom.

"I do too, I'll just turn around." He said standing in the corner and covering his eyes. Hanna just laughed a bit to herself. She did her business, and finished up, only catching Joey peeking a few times.

"Your turn." Hanna went to the mirror to try to fix her hair as Joey tried to take care of business.

"I can't do it. I have performance anxiety." He whined. Hanna looked over at him, bored.

"Joey, you literally never have performance anxiety about anything else. Just sing something." Hanna laughed, looking back into the mirror.