He looked up from his phone and gave a forced smile. "Hey."

There was an awkward pause.

"So... why did you decide  on meeting me here?"

"Well I mean you can leave if you want," he frowned. "I just wanted to apologize for running off on you. And plus I didn't really feel like having another headache on a Monday like this." He motioned at nothing in particular, but I got the point.

"It's fine. You don't have to apologize; but since we're here and I don't really wanna go back either, how about a drink? I'll pay this time," I say.

He gave a small smile and nodded, getting up towards and heading towards the front counter. I followed and stood beside him as we both ordered the same thing as last time.

"Twenty-three dollars," said the cashier.

I handed her a 20 dollar bill along with a five, and waited for my change along with the receipt. Upon receiving it, both Nico and I headed back towards our booth and engaged in a small conversation over nothing in particular.

Our drinks and food arrived a few minutes later, just as my stomach had started to growl.

"Didn't your mother teach you it's improper to have a growling stomach, Mr. Jackson?" Teased Nico as my face went red.

"Wipe that sass off your face, Mr. di Angelo," I say back. "It's not a pretty color on you."

He stuck out his tongue at me. "Meanine."

"Shush you child and eat your food before I do."

He fake gasped. "You wouldn't."

I grinned. "Watch me." I launched forward and took a piece off this banana bread, popping it into my mouth while ignoring the dark-haired boy's pouting expression.

"You're no fun," he grumbled with a small smile.

"Why thank you, Mr. di Angelo. I try."

"Oh shut up, Jackson."

Minutes slowly trickled by, turning into hours spent sitting there, having mindless conversations about everything.

"How long have we been here?" Asked Nico.

I just shrugged, not bothering to check the time on my phone.

"I'd say we spent about an hour here," he estimated; but didn't bother to check if he was right or wrong.

After a few more minutes, we got up and exited the shop, slowly making our way towards the park in which we had met two days ago, and sat on the same swings.

Neither of us ever did find out how much time we actually spent there either, but our conversation was cut short when Nico's phone started buzzing through this leather jacket's pocket.

Pulling out his phone, he took one look at the caller ID and sighed, before answering the call.

"Hey Seph," he said. He pulled the phone away from his ear as the person on the other end started shouting.

I caught a few words like 'pill' and 'doctor,' but maybe it was just me.

Nico and I locked gazes before he gave me a sideways smile and an eye-roll.

"Yea, yeah," he muttered into his phone. "I'll be there in a few. Yea, I know- you know what? Just stop. I know, I'm going. Yea, ok, bye."

He hung up and rubbed his side temple, muttering something his breath before turning towards me.

"Sorry Perce," he said tiredly. "That was just my stepmom. She needs me home for something. And," he glanced at his phone screen. "It's almost half-past five. I'm sure I already took up a good half of your afternoon." He gave me an apologetic smile before standing. "Maybe we can text for a while once I get done."

I nodded, getting off the swing too. "Alright. Give me a call when you're done."

He gave a small wave before starting to walk in the opposite direction I had to take.

I watched his retreated figure until I couldn't anymore, and made my own way back towards my own place; already thinking of excuses of what I would tell my mom.