5• Rebellious

"What do you think about one another?" Alya asked as she looked at us, giving us her brightest smile.

I didn't like anything about him. In fact I hated him but I simply couldn't say that, especially not in front of the camera.

"To tell you the truth I think he is arrogant, impulsive and childish." I paused and forced a smile, looking at him. By now Manik's face had scrunched a bit as he pressed my hand that was under his. "But strangely I like him this way only."

And I tell you this was the purest lie that I had ever said. "I like him this way only." No, never and this never was forever.

Manik clearly forced a smile at my statement. "And I think she is annoyingly-" He deliberately paused and gently touched my cheek. What was he trying to do? He then pulled my cheeks so hard that a soft wail escaped my lips. "Annoyingly cute. I find her very very cute." Jerk. I rubbed my cheeks lightly, pouting.

"I must agree with that. In fact I find you both cute. The way you have held each others hand throughout the show. The way you ruffled her hair looked so affectionate-" And that moment all Alya did was spout nonsense.

We were cute together. Who said? In fact me and Manik Malhotra were like two distant poles which could never meet.

I slowly changed the position of our hands . Now my hand was above his. I then deliberately dug my nails into his hands. His body stiffened and this made me smile.

He tried withdrawing his hand but I held his hand even more tightly and kept digging my nails into his hand. I looked at Alya smilingly as she spouted a few more nonsense about us. And all this time I could feel Manik's piercing glare on me but I didn't care.

At one point I felt his face near my ears. On turning my head to him, our eyes met and I could feel my insides flip. His face was just few inches away from mine and my heartbeat slowly raised at the closeness of our face.

I didn't even realize when my hold on his hand had loosened and he withdrew his hand. That was when some sense knocked in my head and I immediately composed myself.

Huff this monster. I will surely get my revenge.

The interview ended on a good note and Alya seemed quite satisfied with how it turned up. "The interview will be uploaded tomorrow after making a few edits." Alya informed when we were about to leave the set.

"We will be waiting and thanks for the last time's help." Manik said.

"Any time and congratulations again." She congratulated us before leaving.

We walked out of the set and into the backseat of his car where Cabir and Navya had been waiting for us.

"What were you guys planning to do? Blow off your cover." Navya said, irritatedly.

"Navya chill. They didn't blow off their cover right. They managed-" Cabir tried taking our side but one glare from Navya and his mouth was zipped. "I will just focus on driving." Cabir said as he started the car.

"You guys acted so recklessly. Nandini what did you say? He is arrogant and impulsive." Navya shot a glare at me and I smiled sheepishly. I was so satisfied with that line of mine.

"Yea right how could you say that about me?" Manik tried siding Navya.

"Not only her. Even you acted recklessly. She is annoyingly cute and there wasn't any need to pull her cheeks that hard."

"Yea right how could you pull my cheeks that hard." I said, rubbing my cheeks lightly.

"You don't start again. You both acted recklessly." Navya said, irritatedly as she leaned on her seat. "I don't get this. Why can't you guys just get along with each other? You guys look like a perfect match."

"What? We and perfect match. No never." We both ended up saying it at the same time. I rolled my eyes at him and I know he too did the same.

"Whatever but just get along with each other." Navya said, shaking her head lightly.

"Yea just get along." Cabir said, looking at the road.

"He is so annoying and you guys want me to get along with him." My forehead scrunched a bit.

"That should actually be my line." His annoying voice hit my ears.

"That should actually be line." I mimicked his line. "Copycat."

"What did you just say?" I saw him turning to look at me through the side of my eyes.

I too turned towards him and with a forced smile, I said, "Copycat. You are a copycat."

"I am warning you. Take back your words." He said, glaring at me. I flashed my teeth and shook my head in 'no'. "You are a copycat."

"Don't you dare call me that."

"I will call you that only. What will you do copycat?" I said, showing him my tongue.

"Will you guys please stop it? You two are giving me a headache." Navya said.

"Navya shall I get you some medicines?" I heard Cabir's concerned voice.

"See because of your unpleasant noise Navya is suffering. You are such a noise pollution." Manik mocked me.

"What did you just call me?"

"Noise pollution." He stuck out his tongue and then smirked. My irritation level skyrocketed.

"You monster do you even-" My words died when Navya shouted in irritation, gaining all of our attention.

"Stop it. Before I throw you both out of the car." Navya was clearly irritated.

"Guys please stop." Cabir made a pleading face, looking at us and we just nodded our head. "You two even have to attend a dinner with the director, producers and sponsors." He added. So boring.

"And we both won't be there. So do behave and don't end up blowing your covers." Cabir said as he applied the brake as the traffic light turned red.

"But why won't you guys be there?" I asked.

"We have to meet with another party and finalize the commercials that you guys are going to work together on." Oh right! Recently we both were being offered a lot of commercials. It's surely a good thing but then the worst thing is that we had to do it together.

"And right Manik don't even think about touching alcohol." Cabir said as he turned back to look at Manik.

"I will try." Manik said as he looked out of the window.

"What do you mean you will try? You must avoid it. Nandini please make sure he doesn't drink."

"But why?" I asked, curiously.

"You don't need to know." His arrogant voice hit my ears. Jerk.

"He can't tolerate alcohol." Cabir said, ignoring what Manik had said.

On finding this piece of information, my eyes twinkled and I couldn't help but smile mischievously.

Finally I can take my revenge. Brace yourself Malhotra.

***

If you liked it then do vote and comment.