a royal promise

It was a normal day in the kingdom of bellator princess Eboney was getting ready for her lessons when she heard a sharp tap on the window but when she turned to look she saw nothing  and walked over to the window ember following close behind "... hmm strange ember stay close" the princess said reaching for the handle on the window then suddenly ember pulls the princess back leaping in front of her as a dark shadow came across the window followed by a sharp knocking "...me...now" a muffled but familiar voice yelled through the glass "ha!... you scared the crap out of me Marni!" princess Eboney said opening the window "well I was going to come in the front door but where is the fun in that?!..." Marni said jumping in the open window being greeted by an exited ember "its good to see you too girl!... is miss Eboney ready for today?..." Marni said patting embers soft scales "what do you mean?... like am I ready for lessons?" Eboney said getting a serious look from Marni "no... today is the day you get crowned as a high princess!" Marni said standing up straight putting her hands on her hips "oh yeah I forgot... what am I going to do Marni?... I'm not ready for this... what if I mess up my lines?! oh god what if I embarrass myself in front of everyone!? What if?-" Marni cut Eboney off with a hand on the shoulder shaking her " you will be fine! the worst that can happen is you trip on the stairs... and as for you forgetting your lines? I know you better than anyone... your going to forget all of the less important ones and you know what?... no one will care they love you and if I'm being honest then you should know your mum forgot all the important lines as well you will be fine..." Eboney smiled and giggled at the thought "yeah... I guess you are right... you will be there with me right? when I get crowned?" Marni smiled "I wouldn't miss it for the world.... now we have around 5 hours to get you ready!" Marni said walking over to Eboney's closet looking through all the beautiful dresses "now have you chosen what dress you are going to wear tonight?" Marni said with a smile "no, ember keeps distracting me..." Eboney said getting a huff from ember "you only just woke up didn't you?..." Marni said deadpanning "yeah..." Eboney said sitting on her bed "ok I'm thinking you should wear that dress you wore to prince Kaylan's coronation..." Marni said getting a glare from Eboney "no I can't wear that it brings back terrible memories!..." Marni just stared at her "really? you have to get over him... this is getting out of hand...you need to move on... he already has" Marni said sharply "you don't understand... he will-" Marni cut her off "always have a special part in your heart ... I get that it's just you need to move on... ooh what about this beautiful ball gown?..."

Marni held up a beautiful floor length gown (as shown above) getting Eboney's attention "oh my god Marni that is perfect! ember wait here I'm going to try it on!" Eboney said grabbing the dress and dashing past Marni to put it on "she got over tha...

Marni held up a beautiful floor length gown (as shown above) getting Eboney's attention "oh my god Marni that is perfect! ember wait here I'm going to try it on!" Eboney said grabbing the dress and dashing past Marni to put it on "she got over that quick..." Marni said walking over to ember "we have a big issue ember... 'you know who' is going to be at the coronation and if it's anything like last time... we need to be ready" Marni said worry filling her voice as ember looked at her 'this can't happen no... it wont happen not this time' Marni thought to herself balling her hands into fists "how do I look?..." Eboney said opening the door "stunning!" Marni said jumping to her feet clapping her hands "you aren't just saying that are you?..." Eboney said mocking Marni "no I mean it you look beautiful" Marni's face faltered a little getting Eboney's attention "Marni? is everything ok? you look distracted..." Eboney said sitting Marni down on the bed next to her "it's just I got a letter from an old friend a while ago saying they where invited to your coronation... and if I'm being honest?... they aren't very... friendly towards me after a fight we had... I guess I'm just very worried is all..." Eboney looked at Marni trying to read her face but was un able too "hey... don't worry I have a great feeling about tonight! who knows maybe I can finally meet your family!" Eboney said surprising Marni "what do you mean?... I mean sure I joke about you and my brother going out but that's just a joke!" Marni said standing up "oh? did I forget to mention my mother invited your mother to the coronation!... you don't mind do you?..." Marni visibly calmed "*sigh* thank goodness is she the only one who was invited?" Marni said holding her chest "yup!" Eboney replied much to Marni's joy "you are the best friend in the entire world..." Marni said hugging Eboney "hey Eboney?..." Marni said getting a nod from Eboney "I want to do something... and I need your opinion for it..." Marni said getting ember's attention as well "sure what is it?..." Eboney said with a smile "I would like to make a royal promise... to you..." Eboney froze and looked at Marni in horror "Marni you know what happens if you break a royal promise right?!" Marni looked at her feet "yes... I do..." Marni looked up at Eboney "I want to promise you that I will we wont have any secrets from each other... I know you have wanted to meet my family for a long time and all but now I think it's time I told you why you can't meet them... so I Marni Brevil from the rayhun region here by promise Eboney Veitch of the bellator kingdom to tell her nothing but truths of my family from now on and shall i break this royal promise may my life be given as collateral..." Eboney was speechless did her best friend just do that for her?! "Marni... why did you do that?..." Marni looked down at her feet "my family hasn't seen me in years Eboney... you are lucky to have a family you can see everyday... mine rarely see each other and when they do it's never a pretty site... an old friend of ours is coming tonight... prince Chris and his fiancé are going to come to your coronation but are leaving before the dinner..." Marni said in a serious tone "Marni..." Eboney just held Marni in her arms as the two sat there in silence saying nothing but saying a million words in that silence. knowing that not all their problems where solved but they had found peace in the knowledge they had learned from each other.