He let out a laugh, and although I had just met the guy, it rapidly became the sweetest symphony I heard in my life.

I opened the door with my free hand, my other still tightly gripping onto his. Walking up to the counter, the cashier lady gave us a warm smile.

"What can I get you two love birds today?"

I could feel my face heat up at that, and when I tunder to look at Nico, his face mirrored mine.

"I-we're not- we're not a couple," stuttered out Nico.

At that, it was the cashier's turn, Emily her name tag said, to flush in embarrassment.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to put you both on the spotlight like that. I just assumed you were since you were holding hands and all, and the fact that it's the day of love and all-" 

Nico cut off her rambling with a smile. "It's ok. It really is. But today, we're just two guys here to drink something 'cause why the hell not."

Emily's red face slowly returned to it's original pale color as she returned his smile.

"As you may have already seen, my name is Emily. So what can I get you too today?"

"I'll have a Cinammon Dolce Latte and blueberry Muffin," I said.

She nodded and wrote it down before glancing towards Nico.

"And what can I get for you?"

"I'll have a Blonde Roast Coffee and two slices of Banana Nut Bread please."

"That'll be twenty-three dollars. Cash or Card?"

"Cash," I said pulling out my wallet but Nico beat me to it. He handed the girl 30 dollars, giving me a smirk.

"You can pay next time."

"Oh so there's a next time?"

He blushed and playfully punched my shoulder. "You know what I meant."

"I dont, actually. Care to explain?" I said acting confused.

He just rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Jackson. I lose brain cells talking to you."

He received his change and made his way towards a table in the back by a large window.

"I believe you forgot to add that you're quite rude, Mr. di Angelo," I noted sitting across from him in the little booth.

"And you forgot the part where you say you're really dumb, Mr. Jackson," he retorted back.

We say in comfortable silence for a few minutes before my ADHD got the best of me.

"Hey, Nico, can I see your phone?"

"Bold of you to assume I have a phone, Mr. Jackson."

"Oh please. It's the 21st century. I've seen eight year olds with phones."

"Touché," he said handing me his phone.

I turned on his phone and glanced over.  "Password?"

"Living is overrated, no space in between," he answered in the most straight forward voice even I couldn't muster.

"Seriously?!"

He nodded. "It's called hacking the system hon.  It's what we smart people are able to do."

I pouted. "Aw C' mon. I'm not that stupid."

"Well I mean I've only known you for about half an hour now so I can't really say much, but I'd say you are."

"You're no fun."

"Then why are you here?" He asked sassily.

"You little-oh hey there Emily," I said as she appeared with our drinks and food.

She placed the drinks in front of us along with the pastries and gave us a warm smile.

"So here's your guys' stuff. I'm sorry again for the mix up earlier. But let me just say if you guys were to ever to date or aren't exactly 'straight' as people say, I totally support you guys."

"Thanks. Maybe after your shift is over you could sit down with us and hang out?" I offered.

"I'd like that," she said before scurrying back towards the front counter.

"Woah there señor Jackson," said Nico. "You sure you're gay bud? That looked pretty flirtsy to me." He gave me a look before taking a sip from his coffee trying to seem like the wise dude from all those cheesy movies, but failed as his face morphed into one of distaste from the hot coffee.

(AN// Ok so if I got anything wrong, please tell me 'cause I've never really set foot in a Starbucks before. I'm just writing on what I think would happen 'cause why not.)

I rolled my eyes at him before taking a sip from my own drink, before remongering I still had his phone. I typed in the password and went to his contacts, quickly adding mine, and calling my number so it would appear on my phone.

I slid his black phone-cased phone (what a surprise, it's black. Note the sarcasm ) back to him before taking a bite out of my muffin.

"So tell me 'bout yourself," he said.

I thought for a minute before answering. "Well I like skateboarding, I have a cool mom, a little sister and a stepdad. I'm in highschool, and don't know what I want to do with my life."

He nodded and took a bite from his pastry before talking. "I'm basically an only child, have a step mom, I go to a smart people school but she's thinking of changing me schools which I dont mind, I'm pretty lonely in life, but then again who isn't."

I nodded in agreement and we spent the rest of our time talking about different topics.

I found out we were both fanboys, and we were currently discussing what was the best ship.

"No, but you gotta admit, Draco and Hermione are better together that him and Harry 'cause it can be assumed that due to his father's pureblood prejudice, he was forced into denying those feelings and bullied her instea-" he broke into a coughing fit and tightly grasped the napkin in his hand.

It went on for a couple of moments and I was too scared to even move.

"Are you ok?"

He mumbled something to himself and got up. "I-I think it's time fot me to go." He gave me an apologetic glance, "I'm really sorry maybe next time?"

He didn't wait for my response before dashing towards the door; only the sounds of the bell dinging marked his leave.