A New Occupation

Whoop! I'm back❤️

Natasha returned to the tower to see that there was an absence in the air. All the usual Avengers were there per usual but something was missing. No one was running around trying to create a serum or a cure and most of all, the girl who needed a cure was no where to be found.

"Clint." She asked, stepping out of the elevator. The archer looked up and gave Natasha a weak smile. "Hey Nat. How was the meeting?" He asked, sadness lacing his voice. "Cut the bullshit, Clint. Where's Normani?" The spy asked, looking around the room for clues. "Um, Nat..." Natasha started to walk around. "And where the hell is everybody? And why is no one working on a cure for Normani? You know how serious this is..." "Nat..." Clint tried again. "Where the fuck is Tony? I'll just ask him to call her." 

"Natasha!" He jumped up. The spy turned to look at him, fear in her eyes. "She's not here. One of her friends stopped by to tell us that she was done with finding a cure with the Avengers and was seeking out a different quicker formula." He clarified. Nat sat down on the couch, shaking her head. "Somethings not right with this. Just this morning she was talking about saying goodbye to Sapphire so she could come back later and work more on the cure. She wouldn't just abandon that for some makeshift cure for an illness the world has never even seen before." Clint sighed.

"Where are you going with this, Nat?" He asked. Jumping up, she pulled out her phone and called all the Avengers. "I need everyone in the Med Bay for a meeting. We're going to find out more about this "friend" of Normani's.

Meanwhile, Normani was saying goodbye to Sapphire once again. "You know, Lisha and I are going to have to start charging you for this babysitting gig you always have us on." Elena stated, semi-seriously. "I'll look into it, but Lena  and Lisha I really do appreciate you two. I know for the past week or so I've been super busy but that comes with being a single working mom living in New York City. Plus, I really think Maddie onto something with this er, job interview." She covered. She didn't want them knowing that she was working with HYDRA to help cure her rare illness that they caused in the first place. I mean, they'd probably understand her reasoning, bust she also didn't want anyone to look at her differently, and she wanted her daughter to grow up semi normally. Plus with her Avengers connections, it was kind of awkward. Despite only knowing her for a little while now, she found herself thinking about Natasha most of the three hour drive to the HYDRA base with Madeleine. 

There was minimum small talk and that was mainly because she was nervous and really felt like she was pressured into doing this. It was just so ironic that she needed the help of the people that caused her illness in the first place to reveres it. Tucked in her jeans pocket was her suit which could shrink to smaller sizes to really fit anywhere. It reminded her of Natasha, and the times when her life was bliss and full of fun and adventure. When she was just a magician with a gift and an equally gifted daughter. She remembered the days when she could pick up her daughter and take her places without getting tracked down by superhero groups that wanted her for blood samples and to find cures for illnesses that shouldn't be real in the first place. It wasn't fair, none of this was fair. 

Taking this final shot would make her a permanent slave to HYDRA and at it's beck and call at any time. And they would have control over her as well, who knows, they could make her hurt the people she cared about. Like her friends Alisha and Elena, and most importantly, her daughter Sapphire that was just an innocent baby with a mouth for days. She deserved so much better then what she was getting and that thought ate at Normani every fucking day. Closing her eyes for a moment, she began to thing about those earlier days. The day an innocent 19 year old Normani Evans found the man of her dreams and fell in love. The time he said he loved her, too and promised he'd never leave her. That was also the same year her took her virginity and got her pregnant with the best baby in the world at the age of 21. She spent two beautiful, love filled years with this boy and it was amazing how that all came crashing down the day she told him that she was pregnant with his child. He left her for some Asian chick he met at a bar in Seattle on a "business trip" She cried for months and never truly got over it, but she was about to be 23, it had been over a year since she found out the love of her life was an irresponsible jerk.