This is a bad idea, she told herself as she opened the gates -— they squeaked quite loudly — and went in.
Aria mustered the loadest, thickest voice to yell out a "Hi", which was stupid, she had to admit. She remained on the grass in front of the set of three dispersed buildings for a few seconds, while she contemplated her choices. Meh. It was too late now. And so she walked onwards.

Although going into the beast's lair was not the most ideal option, Aria figured that with such wings, it would be harder for the creature to find her in the building than on bare land. She had to fight down the image of her standing in the grass while that thing flew in and plucked her out from the ground like a bird does a worm. She shuddered. But kept walking. This wouldn't happen. Surely she can talk her way out. She was the best damn lawyer she knew. That had to count for something.... Right?

Medusa was trying to start an old radio she had stolen earlier this month, a feeble distraction from the rage in her mind, now that sleep had proven itself impossible. But the more she tried to start that damned thing, the more upset she was getting. This was ridiculous. She could even imagine Athena — the goddess of wisdom, of all things — laughing at her face. She was doing exactly what the man she had taken it from said (right before she killed him) so why wasn't it working?

She was about to retry when she heard a distant voice. She ignored it; must've been a trick of her ancient messy mind. She breathed in, calming herself by focusing on the sweet slithering of the vipers she had taught herself to love.

"You don't know how to start that thing either, do you?" she chuckled when the snakes wrapped lovingly around her extended hand. Some even licked it with their thin forked tongues — the tongue was yet another feature she shared with the poor things; right along with being feared and hated by humans and gods alike.

She froze the moment her nose was hit by a sickeningly-sweet scent of strawberries. Every one of her instincts went wild. Intruder, they all seemed to scream. She left the main hall of the North wing of the school; the scent was getting stronger as she flew out. She scanned the area, spotting the same gray car she had seen the other night. Cursed mother viper, she cussed lowly. She knew they would return. It was odd, however, that she could only smell the strawberry, not the pine, nor the cigarettes and citrus of the boy.

She followed the smell into the west wing of the hospital, silently following the smell. She felt the girl before she even saw her. Aria. The same girl. Medusa really should stop calling her a girl. She was more of a woman; her tall slim figure standing tall and stiff, her brown hair wavy all the way to the small of her back. She was wearing tighter clothes than last time. She was also inspecting the statues, Medusa noticed. The gorgon didn't even know what to think when she noticed that no fear reeked off the girl this time.

"I should kill you," Medusa really should.

"Well.... Me too." The girl shrugged, still not facing the monster.

As much as this angered Medusa, it intrigued her. She adjusted her wings; solely to grab the girl's attention — or frighten her, whichever comes first.

"Your prudence, girl, is making it hard for me not to. State your business here, and for Hades's sake, leave my boys alone."

"So they really are boys, huh."

Medusa really didn't know why she still kept this girl's life. But, in all truthfulness, this was a nice change to her routine. "Show some respect, puny mortal. You really don't want your last moments spent regretting your words."

Aria turned, slowly. She hoped that being female would save her from turning to stone (just as it did Monday night). She really didn't know what she was doing anymore. Either way, she lifted her eyes to look at the beast in front of her — but there was no beast staring back at her; only a gorgeous naked woman with pale skin, a slim, yet curvy body, full breasts, and sharp facial bones highlighted by the shadows. Aria really wasn't into girls, but she would appreciate beauty when she saw it. And the creature standing in the distance was the exact definition of beauty. She didn't even need to note how alluring even her voice was.

"You are brave, young girl; I smell no fear on you."

"Snakes." was the only response Aria could muster. When she realized she had said that out loud, she resisted the urge to bash her head into the damn statues.

It was not so fun when the tall, winged woman's gaze hardened. She was obviously used to it that "snakes" was more of an insult. Aria could still buy her way out of this one; it was no lie when she quickly added, "they're beautiful". Also truth. They were all of various shapes an colors, some taller, some thicker, some green, blue, black, golden... Every color there is. And almost as if they understood her, the various snakes at her scalp slithered louder; buzzed with more energy.

Aria didn't even realized she was walking closer to this marvelous creature until she was an arm's distance away.

"I ask again. What is your business here."

Aria blinked. She had thought it was obvious, but the fiery gaze the creature held and the cold dominating voice she used was making her doubt herself.

Medusa didn't know what she was doing. She knew this one thing, though: humans were a rotten race. She couldn't trust the woman in front of her: or anything close to trust. Plus, curiosity is a destructive thing.

She raised herself with her wings, portraying her might the best she can. "I am Medusa Daughter of Ceto, sister of the gorgons. I feast on fear mortals and the lust of males. I am a face in a nightmare. You do not want to stay here, girl. And you certainly don't want to disrespect me again. So heed my warning, puny human. If you want to keep any of your pathetic life, sanity, body and family, you will leave here and never come back. You shall never speak of what you saw today or that night, to anyone. And if you feel brave enough to contact help, I will not hesitate to destroy everything and everyone you hold dear."