20

"Ooh that looks good." Nikki smiled at John as they shopped at their local grocery store.

"Johnny?" The old woman who wanted to destroy Nikki called.

"Oh fuck." Nikki mumbled.

John shot her a playful glare walking up to his mother, alongside Nikki. "Hey mom." He kissed her cheek.

"Hi darling," She hugged him. "Nikki." Caroline glared at her.

"Caroline." She rolled her eyes.

John saw all that was happening but just ignored it.

"How have you been honey?"

"Good what about you?"

It went on like this forever and Nikki was about to leave until Caroline told a huge fucking lie.

"I'm really glad that you and Nikki are working out." She grinned.

"Oh really?" Nikki crossed her arms.

"Of course! You guys are adorable. Nikki I'm really glad that you have some clothing on to you know close or cover your legs. It's really cold outside." She smirked.

(a/n do you guys understand the bad thing Caroline said?)

"Are you fucking kidding me!" Nikki shouted, earning looks from customers.

"Nicole stop!" John yelled.

"Why won't you ever stick up for me?" Nikki felt tears coming down as she slammed the cart to the wall.

She ran outside waiting at the car since John had the keys. She would call a taxi but she had no money with her.

"Did you really have to say that!" John got the cart, shaking his head.

"All I said was its cold outside." Caroline chuckled.

"It isn't funny." John glared.

"Take a joke John. Ok I'll apologize to her over dinner. Why don't you two come over for a home cooked meal for once?" She smirked.

"I don't think Nikki would want to come." He got a 50 dollar bill out his wallet paying for everything.

"Well with my cooking, you better make her. Dress formal." She laughed hugging him and walking away.

When John carried all the bags outside he saw Nikki playing with her phone outside, sniffing.

"Nik-"

"You never stick up for me. I need a man, not a boy."

"Look I just got caught in the moment I didn't know what to say."

"No more excuses."

"I'm sorry Nicole." He touched her cheek.

She fell in his arms, sobbing.

"Why doesn't she like me?"

"She wants to apologize over dinner. Please come."

"I guess so." Nikki weakly smiled, desperate for his mother to love her.

Nikki always wanted people to at least dislike her but not hate her. She was tired of his mom being such a bitch to her. So that's why she agreed and that's what got her and John's relationship in pieces.