Piano

I sat next to him; watching as his fingers gracefully glided over the keys. Each note filled with emotion and serenity. Each bar telling a different version of the same story. It was subtle but you could tell the unfolding love in it. Who ever it was he loved, he must have loved them dearly.

I must have fallen asleep to it because I felt a small nudging on my arm. I looked up, Virgil gazing admirably at me.

" You like it then?"

" Yes, very much. It's really pretty."

" I wondered when I would play it again, I'm always so busy I never thought I'd find another someone but then, of course, I met you," He smiled sweetly at me.

" I didn't think I'd ever find anyone to be honest, people always gawked at me and asked me out but no one ever caught my eye." He gave me a pitiful yet understanding look.

" I know what you mean. I was in that  situation quite a few times. I was the handsome boy, everyone looked my way, even the boys. Everyone was either fancying me or jealous of me. But one day I found a girl. She was perfect. When I was around her I felt something I never felt before. Love."

I glanced up at him. He had a look in his eyes I couldn't quite describe.

" What was her name?"

" Scarlett."