Chapter 24: The Cake Is A Lie

Mulai dari awal

Up ahead a boy turned around from where he tended to some flowers. He gasped when he saw the green ninja. "Lloyd?" He called out to the boy in question.

"Brad?" Lloyd replied recognizing the boy with a perplexed look on his face.

"You came! So good to see you!" Brad ran over pulling Lloyd into a warm hug as a greeting.

"It is? You put fire ants in my bed" Lloyd raised a eyebrow as he pulled away from the hug.

Brad apologized saying "please forgive me. I wasn't myself, and have learned the errors of my ways." He looked around at everyone else "And you must be the ninja" he awed in delight gesturing to you "And that's definitely (Y/n)." 

Lloyd turned around saying "uh, guys, meet Brad Tudabone."

The boy walked over to the ninja in excitement "Such a huge fan, go good!" He exclaimed as he shook each if their hands. Brad gestured to the front door leading the way "Please, will you follow me to see the principal?"

The group followed behind heading into the building. you walked down the halls passing by classrooms and lockers. You absentmindedly ran a hand across the metal lockers as you walked by. What goes on in a school anyways? What do they learn and do in the time that class is in session. 

"Uh, shouldn't you all be in class?" Cole asked the boy as you walked down the hall. It was odd that the place was completely vacant.

"Actually, today is a new Darkley school tradition: Ninja Day" Brad explained "We stay out of sight to honor the way of the ninja for showing us the light."

You nudged Zane and casted him an uneasy look. He only smiled and patted your shoulder to calm your nerves.

"Huh this is a good school, I'm impressed" Cole stated as the boy opened the door and led the group inside.

"Principal Noble, Lloyd and his friends are here for the ceremony" The boy called out to a door where you'd assume where the principal was.

"That, and the cake. By the way, do you know what kind it is?" Cole added in with excitement as he drooled over the idea of the sweet treat.

You could see a stiff silhouette of a man with a pipe speak "I'll be with you in just a moment." He called from behind the door.

Brad started to head towards the door to leave "I should get back to the flowers" he excused himself and closed the door behind him.

"Um, has anyone seen a teacher yet?" Jay stated aloud his concern.

Zane nodded in agreement "Indeed, there absence is most strange."

"I'll see you now. Come in, come in" The "principal" called from behind the door as it opened.

You stayed back trying to grab Lloyd but he slipped past your fingertips.
You looked up and saw a boy shine a flashlight on his face.

"Welcome back Lloyd" the bow with orange hair and glasses greeted in a sickly way.
"Gene?" Lloyd said in confusion.

"And welcome Lloyd's friends, to the new Darkley's boarding school for worse boys!" He declared with a evil laugh cutting a rope.

"Lloyd!" You yelled as you tried to reach him but sandbags fell from the ceiling on top of the five ninja.

"Gene, I'm gonna get you for this..." Lloyd huffed as his vision slowly faded to black.

"Oh looks like we have one extra" Gene smiled mischievously at you before turning to the other boys ordering "Get her!" 

Young boys surrounded you stepping over the ninja's unconscious bodies. They had weapons ranging from baseball bats to slingshots with rocks. They started firing rocks and you turned on your heels running out of the room. 

There's no way you're gonna hit a kid and there were too many to apprehend. You could hear them running after you. In an effort to lose the young boys you hid in a storage closet.

~~~

Ninja's Pov:
Each ninja slowly awakened with splitting headaches as they sat up.

"Thank goodness you're here" a man said aloud as the group of adults surrounded the ninja.

Kai groaned looking around rubbing the back of his head groggily "What happened? Where's Lloyd? And who are all of you?" He asked looking around for the boy.

"We are the teachers and we've all been taken prisoner" One woman spoke "We tried to teach the boys how to be good, but they overthrew us. They are monsters!" she exclaimed.

"I thought Lloyd was getting a honorary degree?" Jay asked in confusion.

"That was the boy's trick to lure Lloyd here and convince him to become their leader" The principal explained with a sigh.

"What?!" Cole exclaimed "There's not gonna be any cake?!"

"Wait, Where's (Y/n)?" Kai said looking around the room to find the girl in question missing.

"It's possible she got away before they could have knocked her out" Zane replied stating a possibility.

"So there's still hope for us" One teacher perked up.

Kai rubbed the back of his head muttering "Maybe..."

~~~

Author's Edit: October 19th 2020

~~~