Chapter 24: The Cake Is A Lie

Start from the beginning

"I love ceremonies. That means there's going to be cake" Cole perked up with delight.

"Lloyd's change inspired them, now they invited Lloyd to give him an honorary degree in excellence" Sensei Wu told the group who smiled happy for the boy.

Kai and (Y/n) were confused and needed some context as they watched the boy beat up the punching bag. Lloyd broke the broom in half before head butting the bag grunting as he flopped onto the floor in defeat.

The girl walked over and knelt next to him "You okay?" she asked gently poking his cheek.

"Are we sure we're talking about the same Lloyd?" Kai blurted out confused while the others nodded in agreement.

~~~

Your Pov:
From what you understand, Lloyd's old bad guy school is going to be giving him a special prize because his change sparked a good influence on them. An award with a whole ceremony in place.

Lloyd told you stories of his time there and that sounds out of character for that kind of place. From fire ants placed in his bed to someone giving him food poisoning. Not to mention the young Garmadon was made an outcast by his peers for not fitting in with their ways.

Needless to say you are skeptical of this special ceremony.

You rode on the back of the Ultra dragon behind the ninja. Lloyd was still learning how to control the winged beast so he was the operator in training. Looking out to the white fluffy clouds below they looked as though you could touch them.

However that isn't possible for they would pass through your hands as they are, like other things in this world, unattainable.

"It's  pretty up here..." You thought to yourself enjoying the cool breeze on your exposed features. The fresh air going through your lungs as you held onto the ice ninja sitting in front of you.

"Now that we can ride the dragon we should get to Darkley's in no time" Jay said aloud.

"That's if Lloyd can get us there in one piece" Kai replied with uneasiness in his voice.

Cole sat up front instructing the boy how to control the dragon "Just be gentle, any sudden moves can cause him to-

"Any sudden what?!" Lloyd shouted turning around and moving the reigns abruptly.

The Ultra Dragon lurched straight down the wind howling as the group was hurling towards the ground.

You accidentally let go of Zane and ended up floating a little bit above them due to the speed in which you and the dragon were falling.
Zane held on tight to Jay as he reached one hand over and grabbed yours as you remained silent amidst the chaos.

"The reins! Let go of the reins!" Cole shouted to the boy who did as he was told.

The dragon circled around your destination before landing in front of the school while you landed on something soft and warm.

When you looked up you realized you actually landed in Jay's lap. You both stared back at each other with wide eyes.

"Sorry about that" You apologized getting off of the blue ninja and dismounted the Ultra dragon.

"Yeah, uh, no problem..." The lightning ninja laughed awkwardly as he followed behind.

"I'll take the reins going home, just to be safe" You overheard Cole tell Lloyd as they headed towards the school.

You looked up at the sign that read 'Darkley School For Great Children.' You looked around taking in the well kept landscape and freshly bloomed flowers on the bushes.