Chapter 24: The Cake Is A Lie

Start from the beginning

The fire ninja rolled his eyes at the girl telling her "The first aid is in the bathroom." Kai caught her off guard when he started walking out the room dragging her right behind him much to her slight protest.

The two headed into the bathroom where the fire ninja made the girl sit on the lid of the toilet as he rummaged around in the cupboards for the first aid.

 "I can do it myself " She protested as she held some toilet paper on the wound to stop the bleeding. She couldn't figure out the fire ninja's intentions since the two aren't exactly good friends. 

The two only exist in the same space with only the common interest of protecting Lloyd, nothing more.

(Y/n) and Kai truly don't know much about one another and one can say they are opposites. The two initially repel one another, but maybe if the two took the time they could attract one another...

"You have to disinfect the cut. It was from dirty glass" He scolded the girl throwing away the toilet paper in her hand before cleaning the wound with rubbing alcohol.

"Ah, ow...." she grumbled biting back the burning sensation on her skin resisting the instinct to lash out and get away. The cold liquid felt like fire as it made contact stung like a poison.

"Stop getting yourself hurt then" the fire ninja scolded taking an internal note that her bandages were gone. Her hands finally healed only for her to be reckless and pick up glass barehanded.

"Don't press that too hard. It burns" she growled glaring at Kai as the fire ninja took out a large bandage from the kit.

"So you can stand up and fight the Devourer but rubbing alcohol burns. Yeah sure, got it" he scoffed peeling back the paper and placing the large bandage across her hand.

He can't pinpoint what her deal is. It would be a lie if Kai wasn't a little suspicious of the mysterious girl. She refuses to talk about herself and no one knows much about her. Lloyd can't even answer if someone were to ask.

This suspicion is rather miniscule and pure speculation on the fire ninja's part. But there is nothing wrong with healthy speculation. 

Who would trust someone when they can't put the same into you?

The fire ninja started putting away the supplies but glanced over at the girl curiously. She kept her gaze fixated on the bandage softly pressing down on the skin wincing from the pressure. For a moment Kai caught himself staring at the innocent look on her face.

He softened a bit trying to reach out kindly. "Does it still burn?" he asked in a more warm tone as she looked up at him.

"No, but it aches" she replied having gotten over the searing very quickly. (Y/n) truly didn't like it. The pain, while miniscule felt like a flashback to her body to something worse.

While the mind can forget physical and mental traumas the body will always remember the instincts associated. 

"It'll settle after a while" he reassured. Kai went back to putting the supplies away and washed his hands whistling to himself as the two didn't exchange anything else.

"Thank you Kai." 

The fire ninja stopped drying his hands raising an eyebrow not expecting gratitude. She got up from her seat nodding to him before heading out the door.

"How odd..." Kai thought to himself scratching his head following right behind her back to the main dojo.

"Looks like there's going to be a ceremony" Sensei Wu stated reading a letter aloud as the two walked in.