chapter 4

"Why have you been acting so strange for the past few days?" Crystal asks me as she gets ready for another night out with her boyfriend James.

"I hope you aren't mad at me or anything, because I asked you if you wanted to come-"

"I'm not mad at you, Crystal," I assure her. "I told you, I just don't feel well, that's all."

She walks over to me where i'm sitting on my bed, and leans down to kiss my forehead, "I hope you feel better then. I'll be gone for only a few hours this time, I swear it."

Crystal has always been like my older sister, even though most times I would be the one playing the role. I would be the one that remembers responsibility, and basically anything else that came with that package. The only reason she was like my older sister was simply because she was in fact two years older.

Once she's gone, I heavily sigh and lean my head back onto the pillow.

Almost a minute later, though, I hear a rushed knocking at the door.

"Coming," I groan. Crystal must have forgotten her keys again.

The knock sounds again, this time with more force. I'm getting annoyed with the sound, so I swing it open only to find a tall and familiar figure.

"I need you to come with me," Harry rushes inside the room, raking his hand through his hair.

"Why?" I lazily ask him. I haven't seen him at the University for three days and now all of the sudden he shows us saying he needs me.

"You're studying history, so you know the things I need."

As realization hits me that he's only using me, ironically, I cross my arms and look up at him, "No, Harry. You can't just randomly show up in my room and ask me to come to some unknown place with you."

He lifts a long eyebrow, "So the library is an unknown place for you?"

Embarrassment floods through my cheeks before I finally agree to go with him, "Fine, i'll go. But you have to tell me why first."

I'm still confused about this whole death symbol situation, and what it has to do with anything, not that he would even tell me completely.

Harry sighs heavily with his eyes closed while he clutches his backpack against him. I don't understand why he's wearing a bandana that pushes back his hair, when he still rakes his hands through it like it gets in the way.

"You know that medal I showed you a few days ago? The one that..." he sighs,"...the one that meant death?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to find a book that corresponds with the symbol, and I think you would be good help since you know all the history behind things," he continues, opening his eyes revealing a shade of green.

"I don't know all the history," I remark.

"But you know more than me. Anyways, you're the only person in this fucked up University that I somewhat trust. Please?" his eyes plead with me. I almost notice hurt behind the sorrowful shade of green, suddenly feeling bad.

"Okay, lets go, then."

-

I run my finger over the words again this time reading out loud, "A symbol of death, remorse, sadness, belief in the afterlife. Normally one would pay a visit to a witchdoctor or a fortune teller."

Harry stiffens beside me, "A visit to...what?"

I look down at the book, "A witch doctor or fortune teller, it says."

"Are you sure? Let me see," he takes the book and scans over the words himself before standing up and swearing under his breath.

I give him a strange look, "Is something wrong?"

"No," he says, "everything is fine. I have to go."

Before he can fully leave, though, I catch his wrist, "Don't lie, Harry. Something is wrong, and I want to help."

He pulls away from me, "You can't. You wouldn't understand anything, and I sure as hell don't want you to know yet."

"Know what?" I try and get some, any, information about this.

"Shhhhhh!" a lady, I assume the librarian, hushes us and I quickly apologize to her before turning my attention back to Harry.

"Know what?" I repeat in a quieter voice.

He looks me over, debating with himself before he thankfully decides to give in.

"We can't talk about it here, c'mon," he motions to follow him so I do. Once we're out of the library, he leads me to his car.

"Are you taking me to your apartment?" I ask Harry, who places the keys in the ignition.

"Yes," he says, "if you don't want to come, you don't have to. But since you're all nosey and stuff, I figure you want to."

"I'm not nosey! I'm just curious," I cross my arms.

He smirks, "Sure."

*

"Do you want one?" Harry asks, referring to the batch of bananas on the counter.

"No, it's alright."

He smiles widely and takes a large bite out of the freshly opened banana in his big hand, "Suit yourself, Luna."

I sit on the couch, "Now explain why you have been in a rush to be everywhere at once."

"I'm on a mission. Simple as that."

"A mission for what?" I wonder out loud.

"A mission for something important that mattered so much to me before. It still does matter, but now that it's gone, it's quite dim."

"Does it have to do with whatever is inside of your backpack?" This time I don't realize that I say this one out loud.

He gives me a weird look while chewing his banana, "You know, bananas have potassium, and it's good for you."

"Harry," I warn. He's clearly trying to distract me.

"I have a joke," he holds up a finger, "what was the whale's favorite food?"

I don't ask what, so he still continues his joke.

"Fish and ships." A small grin spreads across his face.

When I don't laugh, he sighs, "Fine. To answer your question, yes. It does have to do with the items in my bag, but that doesn't matter right now."

"How does that not matter right now? The whole reason behind you taking me here was that you were supposed to tell me-"

He holds out a hand after throwing the banana into a bin near him, "Okay, okay! I'll tell you."

I wait for him to tell me as I sit with my legs now crossed.

"Gabrielle," he finally says, leaving me with a confused look. "She was my girlfriend."

"Was?" I cock my head, trying to understand.

"Nevermind," he shakes his head. "You need to go now."

"But you didn't tell me-"

"I'll take you now," he says in a more stern voice.

Without arguing because I know that it'll only make matters worse, I stand and sigh heavily before grabbing my sweater and following him out the front door.

-

gosh harry

harrys so hot btw ugh

yeah so the mystery about harry and this Gabrielle girl is hmmmm????¿

youll find out soon

and this will be a short story so maybe around ten to fifteen chaptersss :)

byeee