chapter 13

harry looks so cute in the picture haha

-

"How long have you known Niall?" I ask Liam, trying my hardest to spark conversation while we wait for the irish blond to hurry and pee outside.

He had been complaining about 'needing a leak' since we made it - not even halfway - out of the graveyard, and since Liam was his boyfriend, he made it his duty to stop so that Niall could 'wee' behind a tree.

"A month or so," he nicely smiles. "But I only recently asked him to be mine."

"That's cute," I remark while Harry groans, leaning his head further onto the window pane.

Liam chuckles, tapping against the steering wheel. "How about you two? Who asked who?"

I slightly nibble on my bottom lip out of nervousness. These types of questions are new to me, and I never thought Harry and I would ever be addressed this way, but i'm happy that this is a start of something new between us. Besides, Liam didn't know a single thing about us - other than we were friends of Niall. It wouldn't be a crime to tell him the truth.

"Well," I begin.

"I asked her," Harry cut me off, linking a hand with mine. He turns his head and sends me a wink before lowering his voice to a whisper, "Or at least i'm working on it."

Liam nods, hiding a smile. "That's how it should be."

"What are you referring to? Both you and Niall are of the same gender," Harry mumbles.

"Yes, i'm aware," Liam lets out a throaty laugh. "But Niall is fragile, he needs protection, and i'm happy to be his sheild, you know. In our case, i'd be the one chasing him, and i'm not complaining."

It's silent, the sound of classical music playing softly on the car radio, and Liam sighs.

"Now where is that blond-haired box of lucky charms?" He looks out the window just as Niall is trotting back to the car.

"Sorry that took awhile," he opened the door and sat in the passenger's seat, reaching for a bottle of sanitizer. "You guys wouldn't believe it, I saw the cutest little squirrel just gatherin' a load of nuts in his mouth."

After strapping himself in, and rubbing the cleaning supply on his hands, Niall blushes. "That sounded quite weird, just forget I mentioned the squirrel."

"Yeah that'd be best," Harry runs a hand against his face while Liam laughs and puts the car in reverse.

"I have an idea!" Niall perks up, looking back at the two of us. "Let's play 'I Spy', yeah? Come on, it'll be fun I swear! I'll go easy on you, Haz."

Harry had obviously ignored the fact that Niall called him the name he wasn't a big fan of, as he slumped his broad shoulders and played with the loose string from his bag on his lap.

"No."

"But Liam and I play all the time."

"No, Niall."

He was not giving up any time soon. "Come on, lad. Just one measly game, that's all. It could cheer you up since you just got your face pounded in."

"What?" Liam asked, confused.

"Gee, that really helps," Harry sarcastically says.

"Nevermind, sorry," Niall quickly says. "I'm going to shut up now."

+

"See ya two later!" Niall waves out the passenger window. "Y'sure you don't want to come over for a drink or two?"