Chapter 12: Chunin Exams - Opening Preliminaries!

Start from the beginning

"HINATA!" Choji screamed, If you win I'll give you an entire bag of chips!"

"And all the cinnamon buns you want!" Naruto chimed in.

Hinata's chest felt warm as her friends called for her to win. She steadied herself and ducked under one of Neji's blows, sweeping his legs from under him. As he was falling she stood up and slammed her palm down... on a log, causing splinters to fly everywhere.

"Impressive lady Hinata. I did not expect that from you." Neji said with a cocky smirk, "Your destiny is already written however. Eight Trigrams Thirty-Two Palms!" he shouted, appearing before Hinata so quickly she couldn't see him. "Two Palms!" Neji lashed out twice, "Four Palms!" twice more, "Eight Palms!" four more times, "Sixteen Palms!" eight more times, "Thirty-Two Palms!" Neji slammed sixteen more jabs into Hinata, causing blood to spurt from her mouth as she fell to the ground.

"Pitiful, that's all the main family has to offer." Neji spat as he walked towards the balcony.

"I... I'm not done yet." Hinata stood up, her left side drooping and her right not doing much better, "I don't know why you hate me so much Neji, and I don't know why you believe me to be weak. But I have friends who think that I'm strong, and I'm not going to let them down." Hinata pulled her right arm back, "Eight Trigrams Air Palm!" she shot her hand forwards, creating a wall of air that struck Neji in the stomach, sending him flying back.

"Way to go Hina!" Ino shouted.

"Chaa! That's how we do it Hinata!" Sakura cheered.

"Thank you, my friends." Hinata whispered as she slowly hobbled towards Neji, who was standing up.

"Impressive. Would you like to see mine?" Neji asked, cocking his right arm back, "Eight Trigrams Air Palm!" he shouted, copying Hinata's move from earlier and creating a much denser wall of air that slammed into Hinata, sending her nearly 30 feet back with blood trailing from her mouth.

She hit the ground and didn't move.

Hayate called a medic. A team of five ninja rushed to grab Hinata, put her on a stretcher, and leave.

"I've gotta go make sure she's ok!" Naruto shouted, jumping onto the battlefield only to be restrained by Kakashi.

"Naruto I know she's your friend but please, let the medical squad do their jobs. She'll be fine." Kakashi said.

Naruto stopped struggling and his face went dark, "Fine."

Hayate waited for Naruto to get back to the balcony before reaching into the box again, "Next match, Dosu vs Naruto Namikaze!"

Naruto leapt off the balcony and landed on the far side of the field. Dosu, the bandaged Oto-nin, walked down the stairs.

BEGIN

Dosu rushed Naruto pulling his right arm back to punch the genin.

'I remember breaking his arm, do they have a medic on their squad?' Sasuke thought.

Naruto tried to dodge the punch but was hit in the chest. He flew back and hit the far wall, while also feeling the incredible pain of bones nearly shattering.

"What the hell!" Naruto screamed, "Why am I so slow?" he questioned. He saw Dosu coming and jumped up, catching himself on the wall he bounced to the middle of the arena, "Guess I'll have to use my new specialty from Ero-sennin." blue chakra swirled around Naruto's body, turning orange as it spun. Once the entire shroud was orange Naruto stretched both arms beside him, "Adamantine Chains: Chakra Sealing Whips!" he shouted. The orange chakra wrapped around Naruto's arms, going down to his hands and extending into thirty foot long whips. Naruto whipped Dosu, wrapping him up and throwing him across the stadium. The whips receded into Naruto, who was bent over panting, "Takes a lot outta me still."