Chapter 11: Chunin Exams - Three Thousand Voices!

"I can't believe we haven't found them yet. You said they were close Shino." Ino said as they sat down to take a break.

"I do not understand it either. My bug says that they are moving away from us." Shino said.

"I'll take Sakura and follow them." Kiba said, "You two stay here, I'll be able to find you again. We'll move faster as a group of two anyways."

"Shino go with them." Ino said, "I can handle anyone who comes for a little while, plus with my genjutsu I'll be able to hide us easily."

"I must refuse Ino-" Shino started.

"Orochimaru is still out there." Ino said, "You can't leave your squad for us. Go Shino, we'll be fine."

Shino looked hesitant but nodded and led his team away. Ino quickly hid Sasuke and Naruto in the nearby cave and then put a genjutsu on the cave, making it appear as if it were a large, sturdy tree.

"This isn't an easy genjutsu to hold Shino, I need you to hurry up." Ino said as she performed another check on Naruto and Sasuke with her medical jutsu. It seemed like both of them had strange chakra flows. Naruto's usually overflowing rivers of chakra were dulled down to that of a shallow pond in the fall while Sasuke's once large streams seemed to be flowing over slightly.

"What happened to Naruto's chakra?" She asked no one in particular, "I can't imagine a seal that powerful that was done in that short span of time, unless that bastard was planning on going after Naruto and sealing him."

"Are you sure Kin?" A male voice asked, he sounded roughly Ino's age, probably a few years older.

"Shut up Zaku yes I'm sure!" A female responded, "I told you I can smell lavender shampoo a mile away."

'I don't use lavender shampoo, is there someone else here?' Ino asked herself, then sniffed the air, 'Naruto! I'm gonna murder you.' she glared daggers at her best friend.

"So where are they?" another male voice asked, this one was raspy and deep. After a few seconds he spoke again, "Kin that's a tree, we came from that way, there's no way they're in a tree that large."

"Dosu I'm telling you, they're right in that tree." Kin said, "Look watch this."

Ino's eyes widened as she sensed a chakra build up and cursed, "Earth Style: Pit Trap!" she created a large hole underneath her teammates, "Earth Style Illusion: False Floor!" she threw a net over the edge of the hole and it was covered by imaginary dirt. "Release Genjutsu!" She made a hand seal and the tree dissipated, leaving the cave visible.

"Wind Style: Blade!" Kin shouted just before the tree genjutsu was released. The blade flew right over Ino's head, cutting off a few strands of hair.

"Looky here, a little kunoichi was hiding underneath a genjutsu." Kin snickered, she had long black hair and wore camo pants with a beige top. Beside her were two teens, probably 16 or so. One had a cocky smirk on his face with tall spiky brown hair. The other was covered in bandages with a large bundle of straw on his back. They wore the same outfits as Kin, but the second man had a large metal device on his right arm.

"Who are you?" Ino asked, slowly moving towards the pool of water nearby.

The spiky haired boy stepped forwards, "Don't worry about that." the voice belonged to Zaku, he pointed a hand towards the water and a large burst of air blasted out, nearly emptying the pond.

'What's that ring on his hand?' Ino had noticed a small metal ring in the center of his palm. She smirked, flicking her wrists and sending a kunai flying towards Zaku.