Chapter 10: The Girl with black hair

I looked around to where I was. I was back to the mines. I hid behind a rock looking for a way out. That was when I saw and head the voice of a boy.

" Please.....I don't think my sister can go on any longer!" begged a boy who was about 10 years old. He was dirty from head to toe, from ash and rock. The guard, who was a super, slapped him across the face. Then to make matter worse he grabbed the small girl who was working in the mines by her throat. 

" You want her to stop, I will make her stop." He started to squeeze her. Her face started to turn purple and green from not having any air. 

" Stop! Please stop! You're hurting her!" Screamed the boy, trying in vain to stop the huge guard, only getting kicked that made him flew back into the wall. He fell to the ground unconscious. 

"Hey! Nutjob! Stop it this once." Yelled a different voice. Suddenly a girl who was wearing purple appeared beside the little girl and Guard. She was clean and around my age. She was in a purple super suit with a mask to match. 

" Let her go!" She commanded the guard. He grunted and turned his beady eyes to her, She held his gaze with an icy glare. 

"Fine." He finally said and drop the girl. She fell to the ground not moving. It's too late! I thought. She is dead! But to my surprise, she picked up the girl who had a huge bruise on her neck. She was breathing. But only just. Then she let out some purple mist like substance from her hands unto the girl. 

It healed her the bruise and the girl's eyes were starting to flutter open. She carefully set the girl down on the ground beside the boy.

" I should report you!" said the guard in a threatening tone. She slowly turned to the guard, which was when I saw her face. She had purple eyes with black Pixie cut hair. She held a deadly gleam in her eyes. 

" Report me for what? As if you haven't noticed, we need them to mine the supplies. And if you keep killing them! Then I will report your behavior to the boss and see what he thinks of this!"  She snapped out with so much venom that I shuddered from where I was. The guard turned white at that.

" I...I....I" He tries to say. 

" You, go back to work! NOW!" She snapped at him again, he hurried away like a wounded puppy. That was when she turned to me. I duck behind the rock but it was too late. She suddenly appeared beside me. 

" What are you doing here?" She whispered to me. I was confused by her sudden change of hardness.

" I...." I trailed off as I thought about how I even came here in the first place. She shook her head at me.

" Whatever that may be, know that coming here is dangerous, I have enough on my plate as it is." She said, turning her head to look around to see if anybody noticed me. I took that opportunity to go search for her mind. I reached out only to stop dead so fast that it hurt me mentally. Her wall around her head was so strong that I couldn't even see anything when I tried.

" Your one too." She suddenly said as she whipped her head back. I expected her to be angry at me but instead, she was in awe.             

"You're a whisperer!" She stated more to herself than to me. "And a strong one at that." That was when we head a whistle blow. Her face turned into alarm. 

" You need to go now!" She said and touched my head. I felt my vision spin out of control into a swirl of colors. I also heard voices screaming, crying, whispering, giggling, and talking. It made my head hurt until it all stopped suddenly and everything went black. 

***************

I woke up from my dream breathing hard. I couldn't believe what I saw. The underground mine and the girl with black hair. It seemed so real. But was it? I looked over at my clock to see that no time had passed from the dogman yesterday to today, which was Saturday. That means I couldn't possibly have gone to that place with the girl. 

Yet in the dream, she was able to see me and talk to me. She also called me something, What was it?  I raked my brain to find it but as I got close to it, it would dance away from me. This is pointless!  I got out of bed and went over to my bathroom. As I splashed water on my face it suddenly came to me. 

She called me a whisperer! Yeah, that's what it was, but what does it mean? I came out of the bathroom and turned to my computer that was on my desk. I searched up Whisperer in the google search bar. The only thing that came up was the google dictionary version: 

whis·per·er/ˈ(h)wispərər/noun1.a person who whispers."he's a whisperer—you can hardly hear a word he says"2.a person skilled in taming or training a specified kind of animal, typically using body language and gentle vocal encouragement rather than physical contact."he's reportedly set to quit show business to become a horse whisperer"

I thought about how this could relate to me. Nothing came to my mind, only that I should text Trey about what happened. I reached over and took my phone from the charger by my bed. 

10:00am

Em: Hey, I just had a weird dream about the mines.

He texted me almost immediately.

Timeboy: What was it about?

Em: Well....I was in the mines and saw this boy begging this guard to let his sister rest. The guard then took the girl by the throat and started to choke her. The boy tried to stop him, but he went unconscious due to the guard. Then a super in purple came over and stopped the guard, she also healed the girl. But then saw me and......said weird things to me

Timeboy: What things?

Em: That I am a whisperer and there may be more than one because she also says that I was one too?!  What do you think she meant by that?

Timeboy: Maybe it's about your powers like you could whisper into peoples minds and memory.

Em: But how would she know what my powers were?

Timeboy: Did you do anything to make it shown your powers by chance?

Em: Yeah, I did at the point before she said that I was one too and a whisperer.

Timeboy: Well then that's your answer, I got to go. My aunt wants to do a fun day with just me and her. But I will look into this. Bye!

Em: Okay....bye.

I got off with a sigh. I still had questions that needed to be answered. I was scared by what this could mean. I just hope Monday brings the answers that I am seeking.