Chapter 1: Neighbors and Enemys

A. N: The guy up bove 🔝  is Trey! You will meet Trey in this chapter! So kind of a heads up!
☆     ☆     ☆     ☆     ☆     ☆     ☆      ☆      ☆     ☆     ☆     ☆     ☆   

" Okay honey, last box and then we have finally moved in! " my mom said in sign language and in my head. " Okay great! " I answer and look around our house. It was a pretty small home with a small basement use for storage and a small front yard with a back yard. When we first pulled up to the house, it was broken down a bit with lots of weeds. Now's it been a week and a half and most of the weeds are gone ( by a blowtorch ) and we patched up the house and added grass seed in the yards.

Me and mom got used to me being the one with "reading her mind" and all that. I also discover I can talk to people through their heads. It was mostly an accident, on the way here when we stopped so I can go to the bathroom.

Flashback:

" Move out of the way, I need to go to the bathroom, really badly! " I screamed at the guy that was holding a knife to me. While I am twisting my legs together and jumping up and down. Everybody else was on the floor with fear in their eyes. To me I was annoyed by the guy and not afraid at all while I was more concerned bout having an accident in front of everybody then to get hurt by the guys knife.
He answers to me with a glare, " Cant you see I want all of you down to the ground, so I can rob this joint. Don't make me want to hurt you! " I look at him and was about to open my mouth to tell him that I can't hear what he said because I am deaf when he grabs me and pressed the knife to my throat.

I started to yell for mom but she wasn't in the gas station, but in the car. I started to yell in my head when in burst through the door is my mom. She looks so mad and has this kill look in her eye and she is breathing hard. She open her mouth and shouts something. Then runs to the guy and swing her bag which has a brick in it and hits the guy in the head, super hard. He fell unconscious and everybody started clapping as my mom is talk through me by her thoughts and sign language..................

Bring bong! The door bell rings taking me back to reality as my mom goes to the door. I walk with her to the door and standing on our small front porch is a bubbly person. She has hot pink shirt and sky blue pants. She has blond hair in a half bun and a big smile with two dimples and she is holding a baking dish of what I am guessing is a casserole. She has that happy aura of happiness. She looks around my mom's age around her 40s but people can mistake her in her 30s.

My mom starts to talk to the other women and I stand there debating if I should stay there or go inside, when I hear voice say, " Poor girl......she is deaf that must be hard just like that boy......" I didn't have time to think about this new information when sudden everything goes black.

I am standing in a park and see a lot of couples with little kids and then I turn around and see the women from our porch, playing with a little boy and I get a feeling that he is deaf like me. He looks up at me and smiles then goes back to playing in the sand.

I wake up on the couch with my mom and that women looking at me with worry. I sit up and tell my mom that I was okay. Then mom and me start sign language to each other and find out that I out of noware black out and I was out for 30minutes. During this the women is looking back and froth with a confuse expression. My mom tells her then she nods and grabs my hand and is shaking it and saying something. My mom translate and I learn the women's name is Kristen and she is one of our neighbors.

My mom and Kristen start to talk again and I see out of the corner of my eye, movement. I turn around and I am eyes to eyes with grass green eyes. I yelp and jump back. I see Kristen hit her hand to her head and says something to my mom. My mom sign language me to tell me that, that boy was Kristen nephew, he is mute and his parents died so she is raising him and his name is Trey.

I look back at Trey and he has black hair messy with the green eyes and is wearing all black. He pulls his hoodie over his head and walks to the door. He looks about my age and he has this mystery aura around him. I decide to go through his thoughts. I try to push in his head but I was like hitting a brick wall. I get a headache and stop. Wow, that's the first time that I can't go into someone's head! I look back at my mom with amazement.

Kristen says something to mom and hugs her then walks out the front door with Trey. He looks back at me before the door shuts.  Well that was werid. I look over to mom and she looks back at me with a shrug and walks back in the kitchen to reheat the casserole. That's when I remember something, tomorrow is my first day of school after spring break in a new small school. Great!

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

" Mom do I really have to go " I say as we drive up to the school. I look back at mom to hear her answer. " Yes honey, don't worry I packed you lunch and I will pick you after school. " she says in my head. " Okay, bye" I said and get out the car and watch mom drive away. Okay, now that mom left me for death, in this heck of a school.

I take a deep breath and walk in the school. The minute I step in the school I hear so many voices in my head, I can't grasp what one voice is even saying. I block them out and walk down the hall to find my locker.

I find it on the end of the line. I put the books I won't need until after lunch in the locker, when I hear a voice say, " Wow, it's that deaf new girl, what is she thinking of being here in this school! " Then my locker gets slam shut by a person's hand with bright pink nail polish. I turn around and am face to face with a mean looking burnett. She has her hair in a Dutch braid and she has dark brown eyes, a small button nose, perfect lips with bright pink lipstick. Behine her is two of her clones. Except one is a redhead and another has blond hair.

She pushes me in the lockers and is about to punch me in the face when out of nowhere a hand grabs her fist. She looks at the person who grabbed her hand. I look too and see a guy hidden in a hoodie. TREY! The girl goes a shade white and runs off with her friends following like lap dogs. I look back at Trey. He nods his head and leaves, but not before I think I see a flicker of a small smile.

I don't have time think when the bell rings and everyone rushes to classrooms. I head to mine and get in the room before the Waring bell rings. I go sit in the back and the teacher starts the lesson, but all I can think about is Trey.

______________________________________________________________________

AN: SO you guys like the book so far, if so please comment or vote! Thanks you for reading! So what is about Trey? Keep reading and see what happens!