Chapter 9: If only she knew

Harrison gave Tom and I a disapproving lecture, trailing on and on about the dangers of this "relationship," if only Harrison knew how many times I've gone over the potential consequences of these new choices.

"what if Harry does find out you guys aren't exactly that great at hiding I mean I just walked in and boom you guys were making out what if Harry walked in or Sam even Paddy, not to mention that y/n you're literally his best friend, doesn't he know when you hide stuff from him and what if this relationship or whatever you guys are calligraphies it ends up wit you two wanting a serious relationship you can't hide it from Harry then can you?," Harrison says fuming.

"We understand what we're doing Harrison you don't need to tell us," Tom intervened to finally bring the pancake boy to a stop.

"Harrison just please don't tell anyone," I plead.

He scoffed at the statement,"who would I even tell," he says.

"Thanks," Tom replies with a smile as he puts his best friend to a hug.

I heard the sliding door from the house to the backyard open I looked back to see the legend himself. Harry stood in the doorway with confusion written all over his face.

"Oh hey Haz," he calls out with a friendly wave.

I turn back to whisper to Tom," I'll see ya later."

"I'll text you," Tom whispers with a nod for me to go hang with Harry.

I walk up to Harry and the two of us head inside, I mirrored his footsteps to his bedroom. I went and sunk into his familiar bed, Harry's bed felt like sleeping in the clouds. Sometimes I'd sleep there if I couldn't sleep at my house. That's also why we keep a ladder at the side of the house so I can come through his window.

"How'd the game go," Harry asked.

"Well you are talking to the winner," I say washing myself in my own personal glory.

"Told ya Tom always sucked at sports,"

I smiled at him then turned to my phone just scrolling through the various memes I can find, Harry seemed to be reading an article on his laptop as the two pf us just sat there on our own devices. The sound of Harry's voice caught me off guard.

"Y/n," he said though I still had my focus planted firmly at my dimly lighted screen.

I did a little hum to signify my attention. Though Harry seemed to be having a long pause almost as if he forgot what he was gonna say despite the fact he was about to speak Sam burst through the door.

"Oh sorry to interrupt your fucking session," Sam winks in his cockily attitude.

"Oh just get to the point dick face," Harry groans throwing a pillow at Sam's head.

"Mom said we're going out for dinner," Sam tells us.

"Oh I should get going then, I'll see ya guys later," I say getting up and putting my phone back in my pocket.

"Ok see ya," Sam says.

I walked out the house and strolled back to my home the sound of my footsteps creaked on the old hardwood floor of the Holland's home.

Harry's POV

I let out a huge groan as y/n left the room leading my brother to wonder what was up. After all he is my twin even after all his annoying jokes he knows everything about me.

"What's wrong with you," he said as he fell into the spot next to me, filling the divot of where y/n just laid.

A sigh left my lips,"nothing."

"Dude c'mon what's up," he persisted.

"It's nothing Sam, just go we have to leave for dinner don't we,"

Sam sat up to face me, making himself seem almost intimidating. He gave a me a look like he was telling me to shut up and just tell him what's up without any words at all.

"I like her," I muttered under my breath.

Sam's eyes widened and a huge smile marked his face.

"Y/n?!,"

"Yes ok, you can't tell her though, you can't tell anyone, I swear Sam you can't do anything that'll let her know," I mention urgently.

"Ok, ok.....Romeo," he quips.

"Get out of my room," I groan, Sam got up and skipped back to his room, maybe I should regret ever speaking of this.

Back to your POV

I changed into my Pj's and hopped into bed, scrolling through TikTok. The various memes, stolen content, and white boys were able to keep me up into the late of the night. Time's on my phone are when I'm finally able to turn my brain off, no work, no people, no thoughts. Having to constantly figure out the perfect thing to say or what to do with myself or even just having make a simple decision stresses me out. The only times I feel completely at ease is alone in my bed or alone with Harry.

In the middle of my scrolling spree I got a text from Tom. It was the first he's texted me in months, I remember getting his number for something but we've never texted maybe once to congratulate him on his roles but that's it. I opened the conversation.

Text convo:

Tom Holland (Harry's "movie star" brother)

Tom: Hey love, what're you doing

I bit my lip trying to keep away the smile being forced upon me but as an effort to keep it away the smile seemed to rest on my face anyway. My cheeks flushed red, gosh Tom could make me blush when he's not even in the room.

You: Should I lie and say that I'm studying

Tom: Depends what're you actually doing

You: Scrolling through TikTok

Tom: Say if you're not busy tomorrow how about you come to one of Harrison's shoots, he's dragging me and I don't really wanna go alone

You: Now you won't be alone Holland I'm sure there'll be women all over you asking about your movie star career

Tom: Ya I'm sure there will be but if none of them are you I don't really care

There goes that blush again, I don't know if it was all the time he spent with Sebastian Stan and Jake Gyllenhaal but the boy's gotten smoother. Tom's high school self wouldn't even have the guts to talk to a girl despite being in a big movie and everything. Though with all his time in press I'm sure he's been getting great with his people skills, if only I could relate.

You: Well then it's a good thing I've got nothing going on

Tom: Perfect, I'll come around to pick you up, I'm driving Haz anyway. Be ready by 11 and I'll be there

You: Sounds great