04 | johnny cade

--
imagine summary : you're alone at a party and your ex walks in, so you start dancing with a stranger
(y/b/n) = your best friend's name
𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵 : 330
--
☆☆☆

I quietly take a sip from my cup as I wait for (y/b/n) to come out of the restroom. Geez, she always leaves me alone at parties like this.

I look around for (y/b/n), but instead of finding her, I find my ex coming in with his new girlfriend.

I start to panic. He can't see me looking like a loser. He'll think I'm still sad about our breakup.

I quickly throw my drink into the trash and head onto the dance floor. I see a boy around my age take a long drag from the cigarette he's smoking. He has a small cut on his cheek. I wonder where he got it from. He has brown puppy eyes, and dark, greased-up hair. He's perfect.

I walk up to him and grab his hand. "C'mon, let's dance." I say just as my favorite song comes on.

He looks confused. I start to dance, but he just bobs his head along to the music. He looks tense.

"C'mon, loosen up. Feel the beat and, well, dance." I tell him. "I'm (y/n)."

"Johnny." he says quietly. He starts to dance more freely, and after a few more minutes, Johnny and I are having a blast. We're jumping around and laughing.

I look around and see my ex looking at us. He seems jealous. Good, I think.

When the party's over, Johnny offers to walk me home. When we arrive at my house, he says, "Well, I've never had that much fun dancing with a stranger."

I laugh. "Yeah, me neither. I'll see you around Johnny." I lean in and peck his cheek.

He blushes. "Yeah. Um, well, goodnight." he says as he turns around.

I let him reach the gate when I exclaim, "Johnny, were you really about to leave without asking me for my phone number?"

☆☆☆

loOk what you made me do, i'm with somebody new. loOk baby baby i'm dancing with a stranger.

~ xkidkaratex