Chapter 12

I stayed the night at Midoriya and Todoroki's house. It was nice of them, and I ended up sleeping on the couch.

Ironic right?

My dreams weren't filled with my mom, nor did they end in a panic attack.

They were filled with Kirishima.

In those dreams we were happy and married. We lived a long why from my parents, and had good jobs.
It was an amazing life. We even had a baby girl. Kiri called her Akemi in the dream.

"Her name means bright and beautiful."
Kiri has smiled, holding her in his arms as I smiled.

It had all felt so real. But it was a dream, meaning it had to end.

In my opinion dreams are the fragments of our lives we're missing. We get to see them for what feels like only moments. They feel so real, like we get to live in them forever. Then consciousness comes and takes it away.

I open my eyes to see no one in the living room. Everyone had stayed over to 'help me' much to my dismay.

I stood and walked over to the door and heard Kaminari's voice.

"Yes, he's here and safe... no not my place, Todo and Izu......yes, I know your worried.........I understand that, I know and blame myself. But he loves you man. I've already done my best swallowing these feelings and moving on......thank you, that means a lot...... no I don't know when he's gonna go back, that's his call........ of corse, yea....ok bye Kirishima." He hung up his call and took in a long breath.

"How you feeling?" Sero asks, walking to him right as I was about to walk in to question the call.

"Fine I guess. It's just a little hard." He muttered. "I wanna forget. I do. But those feelings are still there." He took at seat on the counter looking at his friend. "Then again." He muttered Turing to smile at Sero. "I do wanna try being with you. After I'm fully over Kirishima. You deserve that." Sero took his hand and smiled.

"Of corse. I'll wait for you. Always." He walked out of the room, leaving Kaminari to himself. His smiled faded once Sero left and tears replaced his once happy face.

"Damnit." He whispered, putting his head in his hands, crying softly. "Damnit, damnit, damnit!" He said, voice filled with despair.

I felt guilt. I knew that feeling. Helplessness and feeling alone.
I knew how awful it felt and where it can put you mentally. It takes you to bad places, and sometimes, you don't come back.
As much bad blood as I had with him, he wanted to make amends. He was trying. And I didn't want him to go through this alone.

I stepped into the kitchen, sitting next to him on the counter.

He looked up, tears and shook filling his eyes.

"B-Bakugo?" He asked, wiping his eyes. "Why are you here?"

"Look." I muttered. "I still don't like you very much." I look to the side his expression sad. "But, I've never been good with it. I don't like many people, if you haven't noticed. But, Kirishima changed that. I really love him." I sigh, turning to him. "And I know, you liked him. But you didn't love him." He stiffens. "You do love Sero, whether you see it or not."

"Kaminari, guilt takes lots of forms. For me, I see my painful memories and gain panic attacks." He blinks. "For you, you feel like me running away was your fault. It's not. I made a choice to leave. And yes I do regret it. How could I not."
He sigh again, feeling sad thinking of what he's thinking of me. Probably hate. "I've been through my own hell my whole life, don't let guilt and pain push you there." I get up and begin to leave before I do I hear Kaminari whisper.