Ch 15 - Staying Back

Tatenashi woke up first in the morning. Everyone was getting ready when there came a knock on the door to the motel room. You answered the door and saw Rin's father standing there.

"Good morning (F/N)(L/N). I was hoping that you and my daughter could stay for today and I will make sure you both are on a plane tomorrow back to the IS academy? Miss Orimura has given clearance for you both along with having Kanzashi stay too." Mr. Huang said.

Just then, Rin and Kanzashi came up beside you.

"Are you sure it's alright that we stay here?" Rin asked.

"Of course. Kanzashi is to stay here with you both just in case something happens." Mr. Huang says.

"Are you okay staying here Kanzashi?" Rin asks her.

"Miss Orimura already contacted me personally and I have agreed to stay if you want to. Tatenashi can handle things back at the academy." Kanzashi says with a smile on her face.

"Alright dad. We will stay for the day." Rin says showing a smile on her face.

Everyone else finishes packing and getting in the cars back to the airport. As Tatenashi walks by she whispers to you to look after both Rin and Kanzashi. You nod your head in acknowledgement and watch them take off a a car pulls up to the curb.

"Ladies and gentleman, I want to thank you for staying back. First off Rin I would like to talk to you over lunch. Of course the others are welcomed too. I have a few things to say and then after that I hope we can have some fun." Mr. Huang says.

Rin nods and hops in the car with Kanzashi and you following. Mr. Huang gets in and takes off. It wasn't long before he stops in front of a building. The place looked really nice and everyone got out. Mr. Huang lead the way into the restaurant. As soon as he approached the cash register the person looked up and their eyes widen.

"Mr. Huang it's a surprise to see you sir. If it's just the four of you, I have a perfect place for sitting." The lady behind the register said.

"That would be appreciated." Mr. Huang said.

The lady lead all four of you to a table that was secluded away from the other people. Once everyone was seated the lady handed out menus. Everyone took turns giving their orders. You go and start to pull out money for your share of the bill seeing how high the prices were for some of the food when Mr. Huang tells you to put the money away because it won't be necessary.

"Well Rin, I am sorry for neglecting you for the last few years. I thought it was best to let you be and do what you wanted to do. I know you have but before you say anything please let me explain. While I was letting you be I was making business deals and working my way back to the top. In fact I own a few restaurants now and this is one of best establishments. That is why I said there is no need to pay for the bill. I hope that one day you can forgive me for what seemed like I was neglecting you but I wanted you safe and not involved in the politics of business. I see that you have made a bunch of friends and am proud to call you my daughter. Now what you do from here is on you. You are old enough to make your own decisions but I hope you can rely on me if you need anything." Mr. Huang said waiting for his daughter's reaction.

"I understand why you did what you did. I hope that one day if I decide to that I can work for you and cook. I love cooking." Rin says with a look of love on her face.

"Of course. Would you like to cook the food for us? I told the cook to wait early today after we made our orders in case you wanted to do the cooking." Mr Huang said.

"I would love to, to show you how much better I am at cooking now."Rin said.

"I thought you would. Well everyone if you want to follow me, we can watch her cook." Mr. Huang said.

You and Kanzashi nodded wanting to see just how good Rin could cook.