Watching Julia carefully, Colby can tell she's been intimidated into submission before, as there's this familiar resignation in her eyes. She mouths, "I'm sorry" to Colby before heading over to Brent. Colby can see it in her eyes, she's just doing it to appease her boyfriend and avoid conflict. However, Colby's already come this far, he's not ready to give up on her especially when she can tell her boyfriend's being quite noticeably abusive.

"Whoa, hey, no-" Colby gently grabs Julia's arm and nudges her back a bit. "It's okay, look, I can take you home. You don't have to go with him, it's okay."

Julia hesitates before nodding, going back towards Colby. Just as he turns towards Brent, hopefully forcing him to stand down, Brent swings his arm back and punches Colby in the face. The sudden hit causes Colby to stagger backwards, and his grip on Julia loosens as she manages to stumble out of the way as he wobbles backwards. Losing his balance, Colby collapses against the window of one of the closed shops on the Boulevard, his body lax as he shakes his head, looking up at Brent. 

"Brent-no!" Julia shouts from afar, hands covering her face in fear.

Colby starts panting a bit, bringing a hand to his cheek which is beginning to redden from the hit (no doubt will turn purple later). Brent approaches him menacingly with a satisfied grin on his face, his aim and force not hindered by his drunken state. 

Colby doesn't want to fight, it's the last thing he wants but at this point, his priority is getting Julia and himself out of there, as Brent is definitely unstable (probably because he's so intoxicated in public).

"Fucking emo fag," Brent mutters as he backs away from Colby and heads towards Julia.

Colby pushes himself off the window and takes a few wide strides over to Brent. Grabbing him by the shoulder, Brent turns around and Colby grits his teeth before sucker-punching him in the cheek. Brent staggers back just as Colby did and he looks up at Colby, angry yet amused as he touches his cheek, his hand coming back bloody from the cuts opened on his cheeks due to the rings on Colby's hand.

"Oh, I see how it is," Brent mutters, spitting out a gob of blood as he wipes away the blood on his lower lip. He points to Colby's hand and smiles. "You got some ice there on your hand, yeah? Bet I could beat you down with only my bare fists, cheater scum. Come at me."

"Look, bro," Colby spits out. "I'm not lookin' for a fight. Just-back off, alright?" Raising his hands in surrender, Colby meets Brent's gaze with a solemn one, non-verbally trying to convince the other to drop it. After a few seconds, he turns towards Julia with a concerned expression, who's barely managing to suppress her tears, desperately shaking her head at Colby to back off.

Catching him off guard, Brent surges forward and catches Colby in an uppercut, before smashing his fist into his face once more. Crying out in pain, Colby finds himself falling to his knees, face splitting open from the hits. Slightly wobbly from intoxication, Brent starts kicking Colby, Julia's shouts the only sound to be heard besides Colby's yelps of pain and the sound of flesh on flesh.

"Take that, ya fucker!" Brent screams, kicking and punching Colby with all the strength his drunken system has. "You look good on the ground, bitch."

Colby tries to curl in on himself, raising his arms as much as he can as a sign of surrender. He's in so much pain but Brent just won't stop, no matter what Colby does. He just keeps kicking and punching, even when he has to double over in both exhaustion and nausea, no doubt from the alcohol in his system.

"Brent, leave him alone!" Julia screams again and again, in tears. "Please, babe-get off of him!"

"Shut the fuck up, slut!" Brent spits back, taking a step towards Julia with a finger pointing at her, anger in his eyes. "This is all your fucking fault, you bitch!"