- Chapter 6 -

Jacob was actually a little mortified watching all those girls lunge at the approaching Blighters. Without hesitation and eyes full of fury, they seemingly turned into wolves. The Rooks just joined right in, just as ferocious. The Blighters' smirks and grins dropped and half of them turned tail without skipping a beat. Jacob knew then he'd made the right choice teaming up with The Roses and their leader, (Y/N). Who was... nowhere to be found.

He looked over at Evie who was doing the same as him, looking for our new ally. A roar of a battle cry rung out across the clearing and they both looked up to see (Y/N) with a billhook in one hand and her blade out with the other. She was slaying Blighters mercilessly and if he was being honest... Jacob found it kind of hot. He didn't think someone could be as brutal as he was and here (Y/N) was before him, proving him wrong.

I think I just found my bloody soulmate- "Jacob, look out!" Evie shouted and he turned away just in time to catch a nasty redcoat a swing at him. Jacob dodged him and knocked him out in seconds. He felt someone's back press against his.

"I got your six," (Y/N) exclaimed, smirking at the gang leader, "Since you can't do it yourself."

"Not my fault a pretty girl is standing before me. Fighting like that no less." Jacob winked at her.

Her cheeks dusted pink and she told him to shut up. Americans are weird, he thought as he sprung back into action.

The gang war was over before we knew it and Rooks and Roses were cheering.

"It's going to be dark soon," Evie looked at (Y/N), "Probably best to split up your gang equally among our strongholds. It'll give them a place to stay for the night and we'll sort everything else out tomorrow. Sound like a plan?"

(Y/N) nodded and whistled sharply for her girls in purple. They all looked like cute little corgi puppies now except their coats were splattered with blood. Jacob was going to listen to her tell them the plan for tonight until his ear was suddenly grabbed and he was being dragged away.

"Owowowowowowowow- EVIE!!!"

"What are you doing?! Idiot, you were almost killed while busy gawking at her!!" Evie released him and proceeded to lecture as usual.

"Don't act like you didn't  get thrown off guard when you saw Greenie!"

"That wasn't in the middle of a gang war, Jacob! Don't let per-"

"DoN't LeT pErSoNaL fEeLiNgS cOmPrOmIsE tHe MiSsIoN." he mocked her, raising his voice a pitch.

"Jacob stop!"

"JaCoB sToP-"

"JACOB-"

"What the hell are you doing?"

The twins froze and looked over at (Y/N) standing five feet away with a look on her face like she might change her mind about the alliance.

"I apologize for my brother acting like a child." Evie shook her head.

Jacob was about to retaliate when (Y/N) snapped at both of them,

"You're both acting like children! I understand you're siblings but you're both twenty years old, correct?"

"What-"

"Correct??"

"....yes," they said simultaneously, lowering their heads in shame.

(Y/N) crossed her arms and stared at the siblings intensely with her (e/c) orbs before bursting out laughing,

"I'm fucking with you, oh my god-"

Evie just had a blank face and Jacob was bewildered, "Now who's acting like a child?!"

She just kept laughing and Jacob could feel myself falling. Her laughing was loud, obnoxious almost, but it was the best sound he'd ever heard in London so far. Her (h/c) bounced off her shoulders with each outburst as Evie scolded her. He could tell she didn't take Evie too seriously, but just enough to respect her. They looked like sisters arguing and he felt his heart swell. Suddenly, Jacob remembered his father's quote for once and anxiety pricked at his chest,

I'm too young to fall in love, ain't I?