Better for you

Oswalds pov

By the time I had realized I stayed longer then intended, it was twelve. "O-oh my, I must take my leave." I slowlyst stand from the couch. Its only then I noticed how close she had moved to me, our legs brushing as I stand.

"Of course, Os. Take my car?" She stays seated as I right myself. I had purposefully chosen the edge as to give her as much space as she needed. "Thank you, Sofia. Aren't you just darling?" I coo playfully, patting her head.

Sofia grins shyly up at me and fixes her hair. I rebutton my suit vest and jacket, offering her hand to help her up. She gently places a hand in mine and stands, walking with me to the cars. "Would you like some company?" Sofia asks as the driver ducks inside, starting it quickly.

After a moment of hesitation and nod and we duck inside. The ride is spent in a comfortable silence, nearly lulling me to sleep. Sofia hums softly until the car stops and I quickly notice the missing car. I sigh deeply. "It would seem Edward got tired of waiting."

"Come in for a quick drink?" Honestly, I just didnt want to be alone and Sofia is decent company. Its easy, I barely have to think which is alright enough, I suppose. We make our way inside fast enough and take our seats before the fire.

Olga scowls at the two of us as she gets our drinks and I lean back, relaxing. Sofia sits closer then I had expected and I try to scoot over a bit more but she places a daintly hand on my leg. "Please, Os." Sofia speaks softly and I stop moving.

Olga come back in, mumbling in Russian as she quickly hands us our drinks before leaving. "I would like to think we've become close over my time back in Gotham." Sofia continues when she leaves. "Of course, Sofia."

"I find your company safe, and, I dare say, deeply engaging. You are a powerful, intelligent man who worked hard to get to where he is." I blush under her compliments, slightly uncomfortable. "I would like to think you find my company agreeable? I see so many things stress you, so many people take advantage of your large heart I hope I at least help you with them. Or distract, at the bare minimum."

"Sofia..?"

"Os, I care for you deeply and I didn't want to drive a wedge between you and Edward but I'd be a much better person for you. I wouldn't stress you out like him, you can take the Falcone na-"

"Sofia, how da-" Soft, warm lips touch mine, small hands tangled themselves into my hair. Out of instinct, and a small tiny sliver of want, I kiss back for a moment. Its so different from kissing Edward, her fruity tasting lipstick is what woke me up from my stupor. I pull back quickly, standing up and dropping my glass.

"No! No Sofia! I love Edward. Please, I believe you have overstayed your welcome-" I go to pull her to her feet but Sofia fights me when I go to take her towards the door. "Im sorry! Oswald, please, Im sorry I couldnt help myself. Can we at least continue to be friends?"

I stare at her pleading face for a moment before sighing. "Of course just...restain yourself please."

It isnt long before Sofia goes to leave, asking me to walk her to the steps. I reluctantly do so, just to make sure she leaves sooner rather than later. How am I going to tell Edward? He already doesnt trus-

"Please, at least consider what i had brought up earlier." She whispers softly as a car pulls up. Sofia kisses my cheek and hugs me before leaving and I watch as a furious Edward storms to me.

Maybe I shouldn't say anything.