two

"You can't just send me home like that, Billie." As much as i didn't want to cry, i could feel the all too familiar sting of hot tears beginning to pool in my dark eyes. She couldn't. I brought lots of money with me and even now i couldn't afford a flight home to LA. "And I don't have enough money."

"I'll pay for your flight, no problem." Billie spoke and took a couple of steps back from my face. She went to lean against the coffee table. Now i could see the emotions playing all over her features and i could definitely hear regret in her voice. We've been best friends since we were children, i knew Billie and i knew everything about her. Every emotion.

"Now, Billie, you're taking this a bit too far." Patrick spoke up in a stern voice, gesturing between his daughter and everybody in the room. "Mia is family, you can't just send her home."

I don't know why, but Patrick's words really hit me. The O'connells were the closest thing i have ever had to a proper family. More tears began to build up in my eyes and i didn't know how much more before they would fall and slip down my cheeks.

I jumped when i suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and looked around to see Claudia with a frustrated expression. I've only ever seen Claudia angry a couple of times and it scared me, honestly. She was such a sweet person and to see her angry was not a good thing. "If you send her back then i'm going too."

"Babe, you ca-"

"No. Just no." She cut Finneas off. "If you decide you don't want Mia here then i'm sorry, but i'm going too. That's just unfair and downright rude." She spat. Billie's eyes noticeably grew in shock at Claudia's words. None of us were expecting it.

"Well, i couldn't give a fuck. I just want her gone."

All at once, my vision got blurry, my fists were clenched by my sides, a sob escaped my lips and i pinned the blue haired girl against the wall. Arms were trying to grab me but i pushed them away. "What the fuck is going on inside your head!" I screamed, pushing a terrified Billie back into the wall when she moved. "Why are you like this! Why can't we go back to the way we were!" Tears were now streaming uncontrollably down my face as i continued to shout. My body became weak and i threw my arms around Billie's waist, crying into the crook of her neck.

I felt her squeeze my body in a tight hug and could hear soft sobs of her own. "You're such an asshole." I managed to get out between sobs when i pulled away from her body. She just nodded in response and her lips formed a silent 'i know.'

I reached up and pulled the strands of blue hair behind her ears that were sticking to her damp cheeks. My thumb slowly moved over her cheek and down along her jaw before pressing a friendly kiss to her cheek. "Bye, Bil."

"No, wait. Mia. Don't leave." Billie's fingers gripped my arm and i tried to pull away but she wouldn't let go. I let out a sigh and turned to face Claudia, gesturing for her.

"Wanna help me pack?" I asked her and flinched as Billie's grip got tighter.

"I'm going home with you." She shrugged and grabbed my free hand, ignoring Finneas' protests. I tried to move but Billie was still holding onto my arm. I turned to face her and could see how much regret was in the tears that were falling.

"Let me go." I told her softly, finally pulling my arm away and leaving the room with Claudia, whose arm was now around my waist.

—————

"That was eventful." I told Claudia as i threw myself down on my bed in the hotel. She sat opposite me on Billie's bed as we shared the room together. Her bedsheets were piled at the end of the bed since she rushed out this morning because she slept in.

"It was. She can't do that." Claudia shook her head slowly and captured her lip between her teeth.

"Are you alright?" I asked her, concerned, going to sit beside her. I took her hands in mine and raised a brow.

"I'm okay. I'll just miss Finneas. There's still months left. It's so long." The sadness in her voice was noticeable.

"You don't have to go. I can go myself. I know how much you were looking forward to spending all this time with Finn." I gave her a serious look so she would know i was fine with it if she wanted to go back.

"No. I don't really want to see Billie right now after that. It was just totally uncalled for."

As if she was summoned, there was a few loud knocks on the door and my best friend's familiar voice.  "Mia, come on. Open the door, i'm sorry."

I glanced at Claudia with furrowed eyebrows. "Should i?"

"It's up to you, Mia." She just shrugged and we both cringed when Billie's fist made contact with the door again.

"Use your key card, Eilish." I rubbed my forehead with my hand and let out a frustrated sigh.

"I left it in our room because you had yours." I looked over at the bedside table next to her bed we were sitting on and spotted her card sitting there. "Mia, hurry up, i look like an idiot out here!'

I pulled the door open when i rose from the bed to reveal a teary eyed Billie standing in front of me. I was greeted with her sweet scent of strawberries when she pulled me into her arms for a hug. I let myself relax in her arms and brought my own around her neck. No matter how angry i was trying to be at her, i couldn't turn down her hugs.

"Please don't leave. I'm sorry." She mumbled, her words slightly muffled by my hair.

"That's not how things work, Billie. Maybe this will show you to always put your friends first before your fuck buddies." i pulled myself away from her hug but still held onto her arms.

Suddenly, Billie pushed me away from her altogether and Claudia got up cautiously from the bed to stand behind me.

"Brandon is not just a fuck buddy. I love him." She spat out with a glare.

"Well, even so, who do you love more. Me, your best friend who you've known since you were a kid or him, practically a stranger you met a month ago." I challenged. "Who do you love more?"

Billie stayed quiet and it was driving me insane.

"I can't answer th-"

"Get out." I told her with a mean stare. I walked over to her dresser and handed her back her key card. "You'll need this. The next time you come up. we'll be gone."

"And don't worry about paying for the flight. I've got enough to cover us both." Claudia spoke up, pushing Billie towards the door which she opened. "Bye, Bil. Enjoy the rest of the tour."

Claudia turned to me with her back against the door once Billie was out. I could see a small smirk on her lips. "Time to pack?"

"Fuck yeah."

—————

A/N*
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter 😌 And again i didn't read over it so sorry for any mistakes lol

A/N*Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter 😌 And again i didn't read over it so sorry for any mistakes lol