Chapter 2

“So, you want to come to my place after school?” Michael’s eyes widened and he looked up at Luke, who was smirking in the seat next to him.

“W-Why?” he spluttered, cheeks heating up. Luke chuckled.

“To work on the project. Unless, you wanted to do something else?” Luke wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Michael blushed, looking down at his notebook. Right, duh. The project.

“No, uh, yeah. Okay.” Luke laughed again.

“Great. Meet me at my car after school then.” The bell rang. “See ya then, Clifford.” Michael nodded, watching as Luke left the classroom. Michael slowly packed up his stuff, walking out after everyone else was already gone. Obviously Luke meant for them to work on the project. Michael was stupid to think that it was anything else.

----

After school, Michael was holding tightly to his backpack, eyes searching the parking lot for Luke. Considering the fact that Luke is taller than 99% of the population, it was easy for Michael to spot him. He was leaning against his car, smirking in Michael’s direction. He was wearing sunglasses and a leather jacket (which Michael found stupid despite the fact Luke looked really hot, it was like 97 degrees outside), and Michael was honestly trying not to swoon.

Michael made his way over, Luke’s smirk growing wider as he got near. “Hey Michael, ready to go?” Michael nodded, holding his jacket close to his chest. Luke opened the door for Michael, making him blush. Luke got into his own side, starting the car.

Neither boy talked the entire car ride, and Luke lead Michael into his house. They took a seat on the couch, and Michael pulled out his notebook. “Alright, so, are you better at writing music or lyrics?” Luke groaned, crumpling up a piece of paper. He sat back on the couch, throwing and catching the ball.

“Music I guess. This project is such shit.” Michael rolled his eyes, looking over his notes.

“No its not. Now please, can we just work? Lets go with something upbeat, you can do the music, and I’ll start the lyrics.” Luke groaned and nodded, picking up his own notebook.

The boys began to work, Mostly silently, aside from a few innapropriate remarks from Luke. Michael starts on the lyrics, biting his lip as the words flowed out of him. He’d always loved writing songs, but he wasn’t very good at the music, so he was hoping Luke’s would be good. After a couple hours Luke drove Michael home.

“So, your house tomorrow?” Michael nodded, gathering his things from the floor of Luke’s car.

“Yeah, um, sure. My place.” Luke smirked.

“Alright. See ya at class tomorrow.” Michael’s cheeks were red as he stepped out of the car, watching as Luke waved and then sped away. Michael stood on the sidewalk for a moment, still sort of in shock. He just spent all afternoon with Luke, the boy he had had a crush on for who knows how long. And it actually wasn’t that bad. Luke was nice, for the most part, and other than getting distracted a couple times, worked hard. Michael smiled to himself, walking up to his door and unlocking it, going into his house. He heads straight for his room, dropping his things and throwing himself onto the bed.

Michael needed to talk to someone about all this, so he pulls out his phone, calling Calum. Calum picks up after a couple rings.

“Hello?”

“Hey Cal.”

“Hey! What’s up?”

“I just got back from working on the project with Luke.” Michael could hear Calum’s groan.

“Ugh, yeah. He’s such an ass Mike.” Michael rolled his eyes, laying back into his pillows.

“No he’s not Calum! He was nice, and helped with the project.”

“He’s a douche Michael, you can’t let this get to your head.” Michael scowled.

“You don’t get it Calum! Everytime I see him, my stomach flips and my breathing picks up. He’s nice, and hot, and I know he’s punk and all, but I don’t think he’s really like that. I don’t know Calum, but I really, really like him.” Calum sighed.

“Whatever Michael. You deserve better than that dick. You’re too nice and caring for that. Promise me you won’t let yourself fall for him?” Michael rolled his eyes and bit his lip.

“I think I already am Calum.” Calum breathed out deeply into the phone.

“No you’re not. I have to go Michael.” And then he hung up. Michael let out a frustrated groan, throwing the phone away. He collapsed back onto his bed, covering his face with his hands. Calum is his best friend and he doesn’t want to lose him, but he also really likes Luke. What the hell is he supposed to do?

Another short and boring chapter, but like I said it will get better later on, I promise. I hope you liked it though, it would be awesome if you voted and commented! I love you guys so much, and I'll talk to ya later!