Chapter 23

A little while later, Calum and Ashton had left Michael alone in his living room. Michael was too heartbroken to even think about doing anything beneficial to his life, so instead he grabbed every piece of junk food he could find, curled up under a fluffy blanket on the couch, and made a pile of every depressing romance movie his mother owned (there were a lot). He put the first one in the DVD player, and clicked play.

Two movies, a box of cookies, and half a carton of ice-cream later, there was a loud, persistent knocking on the door. Michael groaned, standing from the couch and keeping the blanket wrapped tightly around his shoulders as he mumbled incoherent curses to whoever was standing on the other side of the door.

As soon as he opened it, his eyes went wide. There was Luke, with puffy red eyes and obvious tear stains on his bright red cheek, holding a giant bouquet of flowers and a huge box of chocolates. Michael was about to slam the door when Luke put his arm out, stopping the movement.

“Michael, please, listen to me. I’m so sorry about what I did. I know I’ve made so many mistakes, and this one might be one of the biggest. I know all of my apologies sound the same, but I hope you can forgive me. I freaked out because I was scared Michael. I’ve never loved a boy before, I’ve never even thought about it, but then you came along, and you made me doubt everything I thought I knew about myself. I did fall in love with you Michael, and that’s the scariest thing I’ve ever done, but it’s also the most amazing.”

Michael crossed his arms and looked down at the floor. He didn’t want to forgive Luke, he really didn’t, but Luke said he loved him. How could he stay mad after this?

“Fine, you dick, get in here.” A huge grin broke out across Luke’s face, and he set the flowers and chocolates down on the table as soon as he could before pulling Michael by his waist into a huge kiss. Michael was smiling now too, as Luke pushed them down onto the couch. Michael broke the kiss, cuddling up into Luke’s chest so the larger boy could wrap his arms around Michael’s middle.

“I love you Mikey,” Luke whispered, placing a lingering kiss to Michael’s cheek.

“I love you too.”

Hi guys! So I guess my last author's note obviously didn't work out, oops . . . 

Anyway, how're all of you? I hope you guys had a fun spring break :)