" I will, my holiness. Good night. "

.

.

.

It has been months after that night's event. The days of Shun's approach to Hijikata are also increasingly becoming subtle. She often asks her mother for free time just to go greet Hijikata. Of course, the mother will always remind Shun not to bother him, but over time she treats this habit of Shun as if Shun was playing with her friend. Because Shun is an only child, her mother sometimes feels worried whether Shun is feeling lonely or not. But Shun now had found her own friend, although Hijikata is of a different age, but lat least Shun's mother can be relieved how she has a friend now.

 But Shun now had found her own friend, although Hijikata is of a different age, but lat least Shun's mother can be relieved how she has a friend now

" Good evening, Hijikata-San! "
The girl greeted as she peeked into the store.

There she meets her prince had just arrived from selling the medicine as a peddler.

" Oh hello, Shun. You need something? "
He greeted whilst taking off his shoes on the floor.

" Umm... For today, I guess no. "

" Hee... So you're just going to play around as usual, eh? "
Teased Hijikata smiling playfully as always whenever he's around kids.

" Is it not alright? "

" Let's see... if you help me restock the medicine in my wooden box, then I'll let you stay here. "

" Hmm... let's see, if you promise to be my bride when I'm 20, then I'll help you with anything. "
She teased him back, but of course, only her little heart knows that it's true.

" Hahaha, you never give up, don't you, Shun? And by the way, make sure to say it as your groom. "
But instead, lately she always get the same result. Well, it's no wonder for him to think like that when the one proposing him is a kid like her and with so much ease.

" Proposing him like that was never easy, I've always trembling under my haori. Only he didn't know... "
She sadly thought as if letting out a sigh.

" Okay okay, I'll help you out, Hijikata-San. Unconditionally. "

Just like what she promised, she then help him with restocking the medicine in his wooden box as he told her what he need. Even without remembering the game, Shun actually noticed how Hijikata giving a dissatisfaction or empty expression lately whenever he's done from selling the medicine.

Hijikata is supposed to meet Kondou soon, and that's when Kondou somehow invite Hijikata to do something bigger for the world.

" Soon... Hijikata-San will be away from this town for... a long time. Will I meet him again? No... will I even get the chance of it? "
Worries become obvious with how she knitted her eyebrow like that. Though she still works just fine, her expression couldn't hide very well from Hijikata.

" Alright, that's all. Thank you for the help, Shun. "
He's finally done with restocking his wooden box full with medicines.

" Oh... that was fast... "
Shun mumbled, somewhat feel reluctant to just let their moment ends.

As if reading her heart, Hijikata asked the kid to wait for him while he put the wooden box inside the house. She wasn't sure what he wanted to do and her mind wasn't exactly ready to process it as well, so she's really surprised right now when Hijikata said he will walked her to her house.

" E-eh? Come again? "

" Hurry, we don't want to hike the mountain in the dark, do we? "

" .... Yes.... "