Part Twelve

Karlie laid still on the couch, a warm blanket kept her covered as she slept. She looked so peaceful, even if hours before she had been. Taylor's eyes were set on her, sometimes traveling to her chest just to make sure it was still rising and falling. She couldn't help but then notice the ring that hung a little loose on her her finger--it was beautiful and by the looks of it, expensive. She's had plenty of time to grow hatred for such a small, materialistic object in a few hours. The lamp that shined dimly caused it to light up, putting a orange tainted color in all the small jewels. The blonde laid across from her on the seat, and kept on her side. 

 Karlie's hand moved just the slightest bit and Taylor rose her head a bit, selfishly wishing the girl's eyes would open. It was one in the morning and the family doctor had told them she needed as much rest as she could get after the black out and hitting her head so hard on the table when she fell. 

 Her blue eyes focused, as if staring would stir her from her deep sleep and just as she dared to depart her  eyes from the other blonde's, a hazel pair was revealed. Taylor swallowed hard and stayed quiet, watching her looking up at the ceiling, and wincing-probably pain from her head no doubt. Her hand slowly reached back behind her head, and felt of the knot that had formed before letting out a small grunt. 

 "You hit it," Taylor finally said, but not nearly loud enough for anyone to hear. Karlie quickly looked over, clearly just as surprised to see her as she would have expected. 

 "W-what?" She asked, her mind clearly beginning to be a hundred different places at once, "Where am.." Her eyes looked around. Sure the sight of her parents home was familiar, but not with Taylor in it. 

 "You hit it..At dinner tonight, you passed out and when you fell you hit the side of the table." Her voice was still soft but she sat up now. A question that had been burning in the pit of her stomach now seemed to ignite, shooting up words, burning her throat and causing a liquid in her eyes to blur her vision, before it left her mouth, "Why?" 

 Karlie looked back to her when she heard her sudden one word question. 'Why?' She repeated to herself, hardly having time to realize what she was talking about until she moved her right hand, and felt the band slip a bit. It hit her hard, hitting her right in the gut like a ton of bricks. "I didn't mean to.." Her voice was weak as she said it. 

 "You didn't mean to," Taylor repeated, obviously not in a state to believe someone could accidentally agree to become engaged. 

 "--I wasn't ready," Karlie snapped, before wincing at how fast she had turned her head, "I didn't know, I didn't know." She repeated herself, clearly at a loss for speaking in complete thought. "Did you know?" The blame had suddenly been thrown to Taylor's side, "You were there, I saw you. Did you know?"
 "No," Her words came out hurt as the memory played back, "I didn't know until it was to late and I tried to call you but I couldn't get to you. I called you eleven times and I couldn't get to you." Her last word came out with a strain in her voice. "Your sister called me and told me when to meet. I showed up and you came back from the bathroom..and I couldn't make myself yell out to tell you to he can never love you and you know it." 

 Every word that left her mouth wasn't anything she didn't know already. In fact it was more real now, and not just because she could breath and she didn't feel in a daze, just because everything was more real. The ring on her finger actually meant something. It meant she was going to spend the rest of her life with someone she didn't half deserve and that she would never get to see the blue eyed blonde the way they use to. The way the had been with each other just over 24 hours ago. 

 "Come here--" Karlie tried to say as her hand went to move the blanket.

 "No." Taylor said sternly. 

 "Taylor, please.." Her eyes seemed to plead. 

 "No..Your parents are in their rooms and your fiance is in the guest bed room." She said, almost hissing the word finance. "I'm not going to be the reason you cheat." Her words were harsh and bitter. 

 "It never stopped you before." Karlie spoke up a little more this time, but refused to look the other girl in the eye. 

 That was it. The shorter blonde stood and Karlie cursed herself for letting the last five words slip from her mouth. If anything, she had been just as much in fault as Taylor had. "Taylor.." She said, but was ignored. She was sure she was gone, she'd messed everything up in both of her relationships and the one she was fixing was the one that would never compare to her and Taylor's. The front door shut and after a minute of silence Karlie's eye lids squeezed shut, tight. Her hands came over her face as the first tear fell, then the second, and third. The pressure was killing her head but they gave no indication of slowing down. 

---

Okay FOUTH update his weekend. There probably wont be another one from Forbidden this weekend because I'm writing too much for it. Also, thank you for all your comments, votes, and even reccomendations to people. I see your comments to other people on other stories and it makes me so happy. And then on tumblr a lot of you have found me so, hello. There was something else I was going to say and I can't even remember..just Thank you, thank you, thank you! Ohhh!! Forbidden hit 4K reads last night and it's close to 5k today. I CANNOT THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH. I LOVE YOU ALL. (I tried to keep formal on wattpad and I've slowly slipped into this haha.)  P.s. I know none of you have probably caught onto this but there is so many symbolic things I have written in almost every chapter. There is one in here, see if you can find it and why. If you find it I might throw another drabble up. ;))