The Final Confrontation

Here's the conclusion to the story. I hope you all like it. Read on.... :-)

************************************************************************************************************

"Alright fellas, time for the final showdown! A final race which will decide the King Of The Road. Get ready for the action!!!". Manas, saying these words, motioned the flagman to commence the race. Right now, I was in a complete mess of unmade decisions, and trying to imagine what it all would end like. But my train of thought was broken when I saw the guy raise the black-white checkered flag across my line of sight. It fluttered in the cool winds of the Napa Valley. The Napa Valley had been the best of tracks, and almost the toughest. The riders were to avoid the mindless tourists as they sped the wine county highway slopes. I pulled myself together. "Stay focused, Mike. King Of The Road..." I said under my breath. I stole quick glances at Jon and Bose, who were on my either sides. Bose was already looking forward, hands gripped tight on the handles. Jon threw a look at Bose, and then me. It was a terrible feeling.

                        The engines behind and around me roared, and as I pushed the ignition, I could feel the Nitro-Kami 800 grunt under my body. "Three, Two, One", said Manas, and off went the whistle. Almost panicky, I left the clutched and accelerated, the Japanese beast made a wheelie and I was off. It had been a while I had handled something other than my own bike. Jon, Bose, Jim, and Storm, accelerated too and gained a few feet off me. The Napa Valley highway was lovely, and it even got better as I drifted, cornered, accelerated, and sprinted along the smooth curves. 

                        I was almost in line with Rider Storm and Jim. For about a minute, I kept the pace, I was waiting for the right moment to speed past them without exchanging any punches or smacks. Also, I was too concerned about the bike. A single dent, and it would be my death at Cyd's hands! But right in front, I saw Storm drift sideways at the end of an upward slope ahead of me, and Jim, suddenly braked, and I could hear the screeching sound. Anticipating a car, I braked a little, and swivelled sideways, to the left, and as I accelerated, I saw Storm spin out of control, he must have been hit by the car, and Jim dodged it by a margin of a few inches! Seizing the opportunity, I shifted up and the Nitro Kami, gave a speeding jerk, I whizzed past Jim, and before my eyes, I could see the straight of the highway. I knew I had to maintain, there was just no way I was going to lose this one.

                       I continued racing, now perfectly in control of the 800 CC Japanese manufactured sport bike. It was considerably smoother, and provided perfect control. I was loving it. I was cleanly ahead of all the racers. Except Jon and Bose. I hadn't even seen them in the last few minutes. I was getting anxious, and restless. Now was the time I was gonna ask my Nitrogen dioxide cylinders for help. "I hope what Olley has done is worth the wait", I thought. The Nitro Kami had the activation switch near the footrest. I activated the N2O. The next moment, I was flying in the air. I tried to maintain my grip as the speedometer pointer flew past the red marked numbers. I was driving, flying, at 163 Miles Per Hour!!!

This was neck-breaking speed, I could feel the wind bash across my thorium coated helmet and double layer Speedex Racing Jacket. I leaned lower and did a full throttle. I swept all across the straight, then swung sideways to make the two turns before leading to the wine county road.

                        My nerves jumped, I felt an adrenaline rush. There they were. Jon and Bose, I could see them in front of me. I was closing in, with the monster speed, but then, my nitrous exhausted. I had gained enough distance though. They must've heard my bike roaring, for both of them turned, one after the other. Thoughts gushed into my mind, what was gonna happen now, they were sure going to hit me. Jon, for one, was sure to.