Just Another Time

Cody White
The hallway stared me down as I made my way through to class. People were intimidated by me; so what? Whose fault was that? Not mines. Holding my sports bag on my shoulder wasn't much weight. I mean I worked out, what could I say? I had the strength & the technique to do anything.

345 came up again & I swear I dreaded walking into this class. Ms. Winter was so boring when she taught past bullshit. Despite her looks the class was fucking boring. Everyone's been talking about her, even my other teachers as if she was some type of prize. Yeah she was hot, she had legs for days & a nice fat ass, a full bright straight smile & those.. those grey eyes could make someone fall in love. To bad that person wasn't me. I mean how old was she anyway 30? What the hell did I look like hitting on my teacher?

The late bell ring & I turned the knob walking into the classroom. As always the entire class sat quietly & those eyes ran over to me. Her brown hair fell down today down her back, her white blazer kissed her black bra. Her jeans sucked in the shape of her thighs that screamed thick & that ass, it was always sitting up fat & ready to be smacked. But not by me right? Right...

She laid the chalk down & told me to get a pass again.
"I'm only 5 minutes late" I told her.
"Which means you weren't on time" She tells me.
I turned my heel & swung the door open walking straight out of class. What the hell did I look like walking all the way to the first floor just to get a damn pass? What was the point of that when you'll be even more late to the lesson they wouldn't stop for you? That shit was stupid & Un-called for so I walked straight out of school today.

I didn't know where I was going but wherever it was it wasn't about to be here.

The ball dribbled against my palm again as I focused my look on the goal. With ease I threw my arm up releasing the ball as it landed in the hoop.

My whole body smelled of sweat & outside environment. Looking at the time I noticed I only had 15 minutes to get back to school & make it on time to practice. So quickly I grabbed my bag & ran back to school. Luckily I was in shape because if I wasn't I wouldn't have made it.

I swung the door open immediately, ran to the shower, washed up & changed into my basketball gear. As soon as I was dressed I walked out with my basketball under my arm pit. My teammates looked back at me with smiles on their faces ready for tomorrow's game.

A game like this one always made me nervous. This was another trophy, another championship for me to collect on my dresser. Another opportunity from another collage telling me I had the easy way out. I knew I was the best of the best which meant I could get & go anywhere I wanted to go.

Bumping into someone wasn't the plan. What did I expect? I was always on my phone texting some damn girl, not paying attention to who was in front of me. I mean who the hell was still here anyway? School was out.

"Ouch" She said all too well with her velvet voice.
My eyes shot up to hers & her eyes met mines.
"Ms. White?" She questioned me.
"Yes?" I say back.
Quickly her arms folded against her chest & her mouth opened then closed.
"Why didn't you return back to my class?" She ask me.
"Because you told me to get a pass" I explain to her.
"Yeah a pass that would say you're late to my class that I would take & let you sit down" She says.
I chuckle instantly.
"You can't be serious" I say back now.
"I'm afraid so very serious" She says back.
"Well I guess it's good I left school & pursued something worth my time" I say.
Now she chuckled.
"So you left the premisses without notifying anyone?" She ask me.
"I'm grown, I can leave if I want to" I tell her.