Chapter Two

Alder got to the top of the steps and his eyes widened in amazement. He walks up to Kukui and Hau. Kukui smiles. "And we're here! This right here is Iki Town!" Kukui chimed. Kukui looked at the arena, causing Alder and Hau to as well. "This town is where folks come to worship the Pokemon that watches over Melemele Island. Tapu Koko keeps us all safe and happy, see?" Kukui said smiling at Alder and Hau. They both nodded as Kukui said something else. "Looks like the kahuna's nowhere to be found though....." Kukui trails off, thinking.

Alder looks over at Hau, who seemed to have tensed up at the mention of the kahuna being nowhere in sight. Alder wrote in his notebook. 'You okay?' Showing his notebook to only Hau.

"Yeah, I'm fine Alder" Hau whispers.

"I guess there must be some trouble somewhere on the island that need fixing?" Kukui said with a confused look. Hau immediately sighed in relief, relaxing. He puts on a half fake smile.

"Yeah, the kahuna probably wandered off without a word to anybody, singing a little ditty or something." Hau replied, putting his hands behind his back and one leg slightly in the air. He stood like a normal person again and turned to Alder. He started jumping up and down again. Alder let out a playful annoyed sigh, glaring at Hau.

Hau chuckled and stopped jumping. "Sorry Alder, just an instinct." Alder stopped glaring and playfully rolled his eyes. "Anyways," Hau continued, "I'm going to stop by my house to show my mom Litten!" He started running off, but turned around and yelled "Bye Alder!" while waving. Alder waves back, trying not to make himself hunch down and curl into a ball due to everyone staring at him.

"Hey Alder! I have an idea for you!" Kukui exclaims, smiling.

'What is it?' Alder writes.

"If you head through the village and up the hill, you can visit the ruins that belonged to Tapu Koko. That our island's guardian deity. Why don't you go and introduce yourself? If you are really lucky, maybe you will get a glimpse of the guardian deity yourself! I'll stick around and wait to see if the kahuna comes back.

Alder nods and walks towards where Kukui said the ruins where. 'MORE STAIRS!!' He thinks to himself on the way to the ruins. He runs up some stairs and two hills before he sees a girl with pale skin, long blonde hair, white clothing and a bag that is shaking. "I know! I know! I'll take you to the ruins. So, please stay in the bad. We could get in trouble if someone sees you!" The bag stops rustling and the girl walks off.

'I wonder what that girl was talking about. I have to go to the ruins anyways so I might as well follow her' Alder thought, annoyance starting to seep in. He walked up the log steps, up to more hills. He kept walking down the path until he saw the girl again.

The duffel bag dragged the girl and a Pokemon that looked a bit like a galaxy jumped out. It landed on the bridge and got attacked by a group of Spearow. Alder ran up to the girl, already getting his notebook ready to write in. About half way over to her, the girl turned around. "Ah.."

'What's wrong?' Alder wrote

"H-help..." The girl stuttered, her green eyes tearing up. "Save Nebby!" She yelled the last part, making Alder flinch. She turned around to the space Pokemon, Nebby, looking at it.

"Pe-e-ew!!" Nebby cried out.

"Those Spearow are attacking it! But I'm not a trainer....... I can't" She collapsed on the ground and started crying. She moved out of the way of the bridge and yelled, almost begging "Please! S-save Nebby!" The girl sat on the ground sobbing.

Alder looked at the girl with pity and gave in. He took one step on the bridge, and one off the Spearow attacked him. Calder and Alder looked at each other and smiled, more confident due to beating Hau. Calder used Water Gun on the Spearow, which used leer. Calder used Water Gun one more time, causing the Pokemon to faint. Alder retrieved his Pokemon back to his Pokeball and carefully walked along the bridge. The bridge shook, causing Alder to fall, but he quickly got up and kept walking towards Nebby. He put his body balancing it above Nebby, taking the attacks of the Spearow. Nebby did something and bridge collapsed and a Pokemon saved Alder, and took him to safety. The Pokemon flew away and Alder sighed in relief that he was safe.