Chapter 2

"I'm assuming you're the new student." A tall male teacher with a balding head asks a soon as I walked into the room. I timidly nodded, "My names Vanessa." I introduce myself, the teacher nods and points to the seat at the back beside a girl with black hair and red tips and the other seat empty.

"You can take a seat beside Beth and, oh... Christopher sits in that chair doesn't he?" He asks no one in particular as he tries to think of another plan, "It's okay, I can sit there for now and if you think it will be a problem I will move." I offer wanting to be able to sit down to stop everyone staring at me, He nods at my suggestion, "Very well, we'll see how that works for now." He agrees, I walk towards my seat and sit next to the girl and the empty chair.

"Nice to see a new face here, I'm Beth as you already know." She whispers sticking out her hand, "Vanessa." I reply shaking it and then both of us look away to listen to the teacher, "Mr.Jameson can be such a bore, hey! let me see your timetable."

Beth asks glancing up to make sure Mr.Jameson wasn't looking. I retrieve my timetable out of my bag, I unfold it and give it to Beth letting her study it. "You have English, History, Home Ec and French with me and obviously Maths, unfortunately those are the same classes as Christopher and I'm pretty sure he's also in your art and science class."

She says, Mr.Jameson looks away from the board and into the crowd of students looking for someone to pick on, his eyes land on Beth and he smirks, "Beth, can you tell me the answer to this equation." He asks pointing his long finger at the board.

"Thirty six squared plus eighteen times four A." She replies with ease.

"Very good." He answers pursing his lips in annoyance before turning back around to the board, "How did yo-" "I was held back for two years because I flunked maths and business and surprisingly home economics, even though I'm an amazing cook." She brags pretending to look at her short bitten nails with pride, "If I ever bake anything and offer it to you, never eat it." She informs making me smile and giggle.

It's official, I like her. "So, wanna have lunch together?" She whispered, I nodded in appreciation, I really didn't want to sit alone.

"You can meet my girlfriend Mel." I smiled again and nodded at the idea, knowing that if I talked I would probably get the blame.

When the bell rang Beth waited for me and then led me to Home Ec, which she would promise me that we would probably be partners.

"Hey Ms, this is the new Student, Vanessa." Beth spoke as a young lady came out, probably in her thirties with auburn hair and green eyes. She was tall and slim. "Ah yes, you're replacing Julian, our last student, okay well lets get you a partner."

I nodded and waited beside her as everyone began to pile in and take their seats, "Okay, so this is Vanessa, does anyone not have a partner or want to work on their own?" The teacher asked and immediately the girl sitting beside Beth desperately put her hand up not even glancing at Beth.

"I would like to work on my own ms." She spoke and the teacher nodded kindly asking me to take my seat beside Beth.

She smirked as I neared her, uh our desk, "See, told you I was that bad." She whispered as I sat down placing my bag under the table.

"Now, I won't believe that until we actually cook together."

A/N

Hey guys so I'm thinking of trying to start this story up again if that's alright with you guys :)

I know I kinda left it a long time but I wanted to work on my other stories so I wouldn't get confused,

Now I might not always update because homework and studying and such but I'll try my best :)

Thanks to everyone for reading

Rachel out :p