08

The two women touched up their make up in the mirror, Mariel and her mum, decided to hire out a whole of the restaurant

Mariel sighed softly, smoothing out her slightly crinkled dress. "I'm nervous." She admitted, fanning her armpits.

Heidi chuckled at her daughter, shaking her head and giving the stressed girl a side hug. "Why?" She asked, smiling at her through the mirror.

"What if Davina brings up that night?" Mariel muttered, fiddling with her grandmothers necklace.

Of course, Heidi had felt some regret as to how she handled the situation. It didn't help that she always sees Mariel to be an innocent young woman, who doesn't always make the right decisions. But it was a major learning curve for her.

"I've told her specifically to not mention anything, that you've been punished and it should hopefully, not happen again." Heidi told her, making sure to give her a long kiss on the forehead and rubbing her arm. "At least this time, it's not a lousy dinner party!"

Mariel giggled, "True." She grabbed her rings from the sink counter and put them on, turning to her mother. "I'm ready."

"I'll meet you in the car." Heidi told her, watching Mariel speed off, a chuckle escaping her lips.

"You look beautiful, sweetheart." Harry gawked, staring at his wife. His mind went to all the memories they had created over the decades of marriage, not once did he ever think about what his life had been without her.

Heidi looked at her husband in the mirror, his grey sweatpants hugging his hips and his chest fairly muscular. She smirked at him, licking her lips slowly and turning to him. "I'm still not happy with you." She whispered, giving him a quick peck on the lips before walking off.

"All because I didn't want to go fucking church?" He shouted, his shoulders slumping, quickly following his wife. "You know he hates me!" He claimed as she shut the door.

Heidi chuckled at her husband, getting into the drivers seat of the silver car. Mariel ignored her giggly mother and answer Kestells call.

"Hey, what's up?" Mariel asked.

"Wanna hang out?"

"I wish I could babe, but I'm going to dinner with my mum and Davina. How about tomorrow? After school?"

"Bet."

After hanging up, Mariel sighed and stared out the window, admiring the big light which were scattered all over town. Seeing kids skating, people walking in different directions, some with their pets. The rain hit the window slowly, lightly.