10. Fight For Me

Todoroki's P.O.V.-

"Can we talk?" Shinso asked as he made his way beside me. "Sure, what about?" I replied, not once taking my eyes off of Katsuki who was still taking shots with Mina, Sero, Kaminari, Jiro, and Midoriya. He's going to have the worst hang over of all time.

"Oh, I meant like in private." He spoke nervously. I turned to look at him and his eyes and jittery demeanor matched his voice. "Uhm Yeah lets go." I said as I began to lead my lavender haired friend outside.

Not a word was spoken on the way out but I could feel his tense energy and knew whatever he had to say was going to be heavy.

"I Um- god this is harder than I expected but I need to let it out and you and Bakugo seem pretty close." Shinso mumbled as we finally reached the outside of the venue. "Well we're working on it." I said with a soft smile as I thought about the explosive blonde.

"Well he saw something earlier and I need someone he respects to explain it to him. I must seem like a total asshole to him right now." The lavanderette said in a desperate tone as he face palmed. Surprised he cares what Kat thinks of him. "I mean I can try. What happened?" I asked, truly concerned for my friend.

"Please don't hate me." He murmured. "Who'd you hurt?" I asked stoically. "No one." He replied in a confused tone: "then I won't hate you. Now what happened?" I really hoped I could ease some of his worries.

"Uraraka and I, Umm we're not really together. We've been pretending this entire time." He finally let out, I couldn't help but notice it looked like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. "Apologies but I don't understand. Why pretend?" I asked, truly confused.

It's not like any of us would judge them for being single.

"She's still in love with Midoriya. She never got over him but after he cheated on her with that shape shifting villain girl she said she respected herself too much to stay with him, a cheater. Then he and Tsu got together and she was a mess, so much so that she asked me to pretend we were together just until she got over him." He explained as tears began to roll down his cheeks.

"That was years ago, why are you still pretending? As for Midoriya and Toga... from what I could gather, she tricked him by shape shifting into Ochaco." I informed him. This entire situation sounded fucked up, it sounds a lot like Ochaco is taking advantage of Shinso, it's clear he feels stuck. I'm sure she could see that.

"He found out it wasn't Uraraka at the end and still went on with it, as for me I um. I mean my parents they aren't exactly fond of the lgbtq+ community and as fucked up as it sounds I didn't think I could live with them hating me so back then, so I asked Uraraka to help me out with them in exchange. That's what I get out of the deal. A-And I know it's toxic and wrong to trick everyone in our lives but it's what helps both of us survive." He explained through sniffles. I wasn't too great with emotions so I patted him on the back in hopes that it would somehow help.

"What's that got to do with Bakugo though? Did he find out? If so I can just explain it to him plus he doesn't care enough about Midoriya to tell him." I said as continued to comfort him.

"I-I fell in love. The only person who knows this arrangement is Denki, you know because he's my best friend. I tried to suppress my feelings for him back in UA but recently we reconnected and it's as if those feelings never went away. For him I'm even willing to lose my parents, because I know what I feel for him is true love. Uraraka knows we've been going out and stuff, but I just, I don't th-think I can leave Uraraka all alone especially when her best friend and the love of her life are dating, probably about to get engaged too." He ranted.