❤Chapter 8❤

Hey guys! Guess what....... It's my birthday!!!!

So, I'm dedicating this chapter to all July born out there.

RosemondAppoh I hope this chapter is long enough 😊.

Enjoy,

************************************************************************

I was really exhausted and it was my fucking birthday! After cleaning Genesis' room, I went over to the store room to return the cleaning supplies. Atinuke had seen me and told me to clean her room, I did cause it was my job. I walked into her room and boy was it messy.  It took me close to fifty minute, to make her room presentable.

Cleaning the sweat on my face, Atinuke badged into the room. She held my wrist and dragged me to the kitchen. She shoved me towards the sink that were filled with dirty dishes.

"Clean those quick. I need to serve lunch." Atinuke growled at me.

I sighed before obeying her instructions. Atinuke swore under her breath, before storming out of the kitchen.

I shook my head out of annoyance as I retrieved my phone from my back pocket. I gasped as I looked down at my phone. I had twelve miss calls and five messages from Chidinma. I decide to check on the messages first.

Chy-Di-Ma :

Itoro, where the hell are you? - 7:00am.

Are you still at the Valentine's? - 7:18am.

Itoro, answer your calls! I'm starting to get worried. - 7:30am.

Itoro, are you still working? Do you want me to come get you? Damn, even though I wanted to go get you, I don't know the address. - 8:49am.

Itoro! Where ever you are, pick the damn call and come over here. It's your birthday for crying out loud. - 2:00pm.

I chuckled a little before replying back.

Me :

Still at the Valentine's. I'll call you when I'm through. - 2:43pm.

Before I could blink, Chidinma message popped on the screen of my phone.

Chy-Di-Ma :

You better get your ass back here! -  2:44pm.

I chuckled one last time, before shoving my phone inside my back pocket. I rolled up my long red sleeves before turning on the kitchen sink.

I heard someone walked into the kitchen. I turned to see Genesis with a gray sweat pant and white light tee-shirt. He looked at me for a second or two, before heading to the silver coloured fridge. He brought out a green apple before closing the fridge. He eyes traveled back to my face. I awkwardly turned my attention to the sink filled with dirty dishes.

Can you be any less pathetic, I scolded myself.

I cleared my throat as I began washing the dishes.

I thought you would be gone by now?" Genesis' baritone voice filled the air.

"I-I um... Wasn't through for the day." I simply said as I tried to focus on the dirty dishes.

"What's your name?"

Crack!

A breakable plate slipped from my hands and fell into the water, splashing soapy water all over me.