Chapter 2 - Wondering Mind

Cato Point Of View

I believe I have finally sorted out what needs to be done. What I feel; this strange urge to protect the brown headed girl, is a strong dose of respect. Back in District 2, it is an honor to be a tribute in the games, mostly because our tributes come home victorious. But in any of the other outlying districts, the games are nothing but a death sentence, Katniss gave her life for her sister's. Intriguing.

It would be a lie to say I am not fascinated by Katniss's actions, but to say I am taken with her, would be a whole other matter entirely. Getting attached to someone while practically signing their death, is not the way to play it. Especially if it were to come down to the two if us, if she even made it that far into the games.

Really, the rules to the Hunger Games are fairly simple. Each district provides two tributes, one boy and one girl, to fight to the death until one lone Victor remains. The district of said Victor, will be showered with prizes and gifts, mostly consisting of food. In District 2, it mostly means that everyone will feast until the next games rolls around and the next train of tributes will be taken to the Capitol to be spoiled until they will be thrown together to slaughter one another.

Sad and sick? Maybe through the eyes of some, but only to the districts who's tributes never survive. Everyone can tell these districts are worse off becauase their tributes are usualy small and fragile. Not at all the skilled and strong tributes that are needed to succeed in these games. It shouldn't matter if you are pure of heart when somone is trying to kill you. But sadly, it does and it us greatly ignored.

By now we only have a few minutes until we reach the Capitol. Being one of its closest neighbors does have its advantages, and in the games, I'll take as many as I can.

After a quiet lunch, -in which Brutus manages to embarrass both Clove and I by talking about the many sexual royalties we'll be treated with if we win the games, - we pull to a hardly noticeable stop. The Capitol Is include any other place, really. It's painted in so many colors, it's almost impossible to imagine what it would look like dull and grey.

Grey. Grey. Grey. Like the stormy silver-grey of the eyes of the one Katniss Everdeen. Now that I think about it, a Capitol bathed in that grey would be, in fact, beautiful beyond cognitive response. Strange , really. How I've managed to connect several things to one girl, and I haven't even met her yet. If anything, it back words, let alone wrong. I shouldn't even be thinking thoughts like this with the games and all, it just isn't logical - not that I've been one for logical decisions.

But as I rest my head on the rough mattress in my room in the training center, I only have one thought on my mind. How will I get Katniss on my side, away from Peeta Mellark?

Peeta Mellark. The throne in my side, the bump in my road, the villain to my hero, the one so far closest to the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I don't know what has to be done, but their has to be something.

FINALLY! I actually updated guys. It's shirt but it's something right? Tell me what you want to see and we might be able to work something out . The next chapter in going riche from Katniss so, Yeah.
Until next time, EliseBunny, out.

P.S. -check out the song I added to the chapter, you won't be disappointed.