Chapter Fifteen: Jealousy

Start from the beginning

Ryoma: Was it?

Weiss: .... You're lucky I even bothered to help you last night.

Ryoma: Again, thank you for that.

Weiss: (-_-)

Across the room from them, Cardin had rolled up a large wad of paper into a ball and tossed it at the sleeping Jaune, causing him to call out to everyone as he abruptly awoken from his nap.

Jaune: Hey!

In response, professor Oobleck bolted towards the young boy, scarring him as he continued on.

Oobleck: Mr. Arc!

Jaune: Ah!

Oobleck: Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Jaune: Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus...had over that guy's stuff...

Unbeknownst to Jaune, Pyrrha sat across the room from him, near Ryoma and Weiss, and made several attempts to help him out. Everything aside from speaking a word.

Jaune: Uhh...

Finally catching a glimpse of Pyrrha's gestures, Jaune incorrectly guessed.

Jaune: Binoculars!

A second of silence followed before innate bursts of laughter. Pyrrha herself placing a hand on her head in disbelief.

 Pyrrha herself placing a hand on her head in disbelief

Oobleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Ryoma: By that statement alone, it's given that you're not the most open-minded of individuals, Mr. Winchester.

Cardin: And? You have a problem with that?

Ryoma: A storybook villain, this one seems to be.

Pyrrha: We have the answer.

Ryoma: Wait, what answer?

Pyrrha: It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark.

Ryoma: Oh.

Cardin: Grr...

Ryoma: I knew that.

Blake: General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured.

She turned her head towards Cardin.

Blake: Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure.

As Cardin begin to stand from his seat in anger, the professor zoomed beside him, stopping him dead in his tracks.

Oobleck: Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat.