When a few pairs of eyes fell onto me, I felt a weight crushing me. I would have been surprised if not everyone knew about me by now, I had been here for months. Some of the stares were accusatory, which was understandable. They saw who invaded Lórien, and they knew why the Wild Men had come. There was no way that anyone could be confused about the Men’s motives.

            Feeling very uncomfortable, I sat the sword in my lap before spinning Thalias around. I trotted off away from the Elves, feeling tears prick at the corners of my eyes. If I had Galadriel’s gift to read thoughts, I knew what some would say. They were here for her. She is the reason all this happened. She should have never left them. I could think of many more harsh things, these were mild.

*      *      *

            Thalias and I spent the day together away from all the commotion following the ambush. I messed with the guard’s sword a little, getting a feel for its weight and how I could handle it. I felt a rush of power through my blood when I messed with the weapon. I did not feel helpless or vulnerable, I felt confident. Though I felt confident, my skills did not show it. Thalias lazily grazed, eating, reminding me that at some point I had to eat something as well. My stomach rumbled enough times to tell me that if I did not eat, I would starve.

            I was used to starving; I could endure it again if I wished to do so.

            When I spun around with the sword, I yelped in fright as I came face to face with Legolas. He stepped back, throwing his hands up cautiously.

            “Easy with that,” he scolded me. “Someone as unskilled as you could hurt someone.”

            “Thank you for that vote of confidence,” I snapped. I lightly dug the tip of the weapon into the ground, leaning on it slightly. “How are things?”

            “A little on edge still.” He paced slowly. “Some fear that another attack may come. More guards have been placed at the borders as a safety measure.” I inhaled deeply. “But I did not come here to update you, Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn have asked for you.”

            “Oh no, the Lord is involved now too?” I whimpered. “This is not good.”

            “They just want to talk with you, that is all.”

            “No one else, just me?”

            “I am afraid so.”

            Well, my time in Lórien is finished. There is no way the Lord and Lady will want me around, not after our home was just attacked. I guess it is better if I leave anyway, that way I do not bring harm to anyone. These Wild Men were still ruining my life, even after I had escaped them. They were not going away.

            “I guess I cannot avoid them, that would be rude,” I sighed. “I should probably head there now, huh?”

            “It would be wise to, yes. Oh, and, Nimalia, you might want to give that back to its owner.”

            “Can you? You may see him before I do.” I held the sword out for Legolas to take.

            “Do not worry.” He took the sword from me. He put an encouraging hand on my shoulder before we parted ways.

            Along the way to meet with the Lord and Lady, I passed a few Elves. Some stared at me, some looked away, and some even quickened their pace to get farther away from me. I sighed. I should have expected to get such negative reaction in response to the ambush earlier today.