IX. A History Repeated

            Time works out differently when you are an Elf. Months may seem like ages to any other race, but to Elves it is a mere blink of an eye. The same can be said for years. This was the case for the Elves in Lórien, as Nikita’s wedding to Legolas was approaching rapidly.

            Nikita seemed to grow attached to me fairly quickly from the moment she had met me. She, with the help of a few other Elves, was figuring out the décor for the ceremony. We all helped her figure out her ideal dress as well. Some of the Elves here were very talented and very willing to make her wedding gown for her. The most I could help with was give my opinions to some things; I had no talent that could be used.

            When I was not needed, I seemed to find myself having run-ins with Legolas or the Lady Galadriel. I ran into Legolas more. We enjoyed each other’s company lots. Mostly we ended up taking our horses out for strolls. He was someone I trusted the most out of all the Elves here in Lórien.

            The day had arrived: Legolas and Nikita were to be wed. Since the start of the countdown, Nikita had been overly stressed about everything. Though she had a team of helpers, she felt like she was burdened to take care of everything. I wanted to keep away from the stressed bride-to-be, so I wandered on the ground floor, admiring my home’s beauty. I could picture her asking one of the other Elves to help her practice dancing one last time. I smiled to myself.

            Though Nikita could sometimes be a handful, she deserved this day and all the days to come with Legolas.

            “It is a beautiful day,” Lady Galadriel’s voice interjected. I stopped, startled, as she appeared from behind one of the many trees.

            “Do you do that often?” I joked. “Appear out of thin air?” I noticed something was off about the Lady this morning. “Is everything all right?”

            “No.” She looked down at the grass around her. “Something is off, and it is very troubling.”

            “L-like what?”

            “About two months ago, I had a vision, but it was very murky. I can sometimes get visions of what could come. I could barely make out anything definite. I have never had issues with my visions before, Nimalia.”

            “What did you see, or, what could you make out?”

            “All I could gather was that something was coming here. Who, I do not know. Why, I do not know. There was no clear picture, and that worries me.”

            “You are not feeling ill?” I asked.

            “No, I am fine.” I could see she was mildly startled. “I think something might come today, something with terrible purpose. Whatever it is may come and try to ruin the wedding.”

            “Surely whatever may be coming would not come here for that sole purpose?”

            “Everything is unclear.”

            I paled. “If you are right, are there any measures being taken?”

            “Yes. I have guards set up on the borders. If any intruders come, they will be dealt with. We have not had to deal with evil for some time, and I do not plan to deal with it today of all days.”

            “Why are you telling me this, my lady?”

            “From what I could see, only one face was clear. It was you.”