Chapter Sixteen

"No!" Norma cried
"You thought he was going to marry you? He loves her- not you," Sam taunted.
Norma watched in horror as her fiancé and the red-headed woman, kiss.
Tears constantly fell from Norma's bright blue eyes. She felt all of the sadness hit her at once.
"You're mine," Sam whispered.
-
"Norma!" Alex called, shaking her slightly.
Norma opened her eyes and felt the sweat on her body. She felt tears in her eyes and her heart was racing.
"Are you alright?" Alex asked, worried
"Ye-Yeah, just a nightmare," Norma replied, calming herself down.
"Want to talk about it?" Alex asked
"No, it's okay," Norma replied, sitting up.
Alex kissed the top of Norma's head and nodded; he wasn't going to force her to talk about it.
"The pizza's here," Alex whispered.
Norma laughed and got out of bed.
-
Norma laid down on the couch, her legs over Alex's lap, and her gaze focused on the movie playing on the tv.
"Alex," Norma said, keeping her gaze on the tv.
"Yes?" Alex asked, keeping his gaze on his beautiful fiancée.
"I don't think I want a huge wedding," Norma replied
"How come?" Alex asked
"We don't exactly have family and friends to invite and I think we should spend our money on the honeymoon, not the wedding," Norma explained
"We can do whatever makes you happy," Alex stated, smiling a sweet smile.
Norma was silent; deep in her thoughts before she had completely realized she hadn't taken his idea into consideration.
"No! No, no, no. We can have a big wedding if you'd like. It's not just about me, Alex. I wanna do what makes you happy, too." Norma said, ripping her eyes away from the movie to look at her lover.
Alex chuckled. She was going to be the death of him.
"Norma, honey, I'm fine with a small wedding. As long as I get to marry you, then I'm fine." Alex explained, taking Norma's hand into his own.
"Are you sure?" Norma asked
"Of course!" Alex laughed, making Norma smile.
"Okay, well, we can just go to the court to get married. Is that alright?" Norma asked, timidly.
"Yes," Alex replied, his smile never fading.
Norma smiled wide and took her legs off of Alex, sitting up, and switching her body position. Her head laid on his lap and her legs taking up the rest of the couch.
"I love you," Norma whispered
"I love you more," Alex replied, leaning down and kissing Norma's soft cheek.
-
The day after the wedding, Alex had work, the kids had school, and this all left Norma alone. Norma decided to clean motel rooms and the outside of the motel, trying to keep the place nice. It was now December and the weather was almost freezing. Everyone stayed inside, except Norma of course; she wanted to keep herself busy.
As Norma cleaned the inside of room seven, a car pulled up, and a pale, redheaded woman got out of the car.
Norma didn't notice much, too busy scrubbing the bathtub in the bathroom.
The redhead walked into the room and knocked on the open door. Norma jumped hearing the sound and stood up, dropping the scrub, and walking out of the bathroom.
"Hi," The redhead said
"Hi, Ms. Hamilton. Do you need a room?" Norma asked, trying her hardest to be kind.
After hearing Rebecca and Alex's history, Norma was more on edge even though she knew Alex would never go back to her or choose anyone over her, herself.
"Um, yeah," Rebecca replied, almost in a whisper.
Norma nodded and pulled off her gloves and took off her cleaning apron, leaving her in her long-sleeved, plaid shirt and skin-tight jeans.
Norma walked with Rebecca to the warm office. Once inside, Norma went behind the counter and opened the book of many names, and turned on the computer.
"I need an ID, a source of payment, and how long you'll be staying," Norma stated, looking at the computer.
Rebecca handing over her ID and took a pen, signing her name, "I'll be staying for two weeks.".
Norma nodded and held back a sigh and eye roll. She had to be nice to Rebecca for two weeks.
"Can I asked you something?" Rebecca asked
"Sure," Norma replied, focusing on the computer.
"What's it like being married to the sheriff?" Rebecca asked, looking at Norma's left hand.
"It's-" Norma stopped, making Rebecca give Norma a look.
Norma continued, "It's different. I've never had anyone like him. He's great and if I'm honest with you, my favorite things about him is his smile and eyelashes." Norma stated, smiling like a school girl swooning over her crush.
Rebecca nodded her head; sadness and jealousy washing over her. Alex had never smiled with her and that's what upset Rebecca.
"Why didn't you guys have a big wedding?" Rebecca asked.
Before Norma could reply, Alex walked into the office and over to his wife.
Norma smiled her biggest smile and kissed Alex quickly before averting her attention back to Rebecca.
Alex wrapped his arms around Norma's waist and pulled her close to him. His actions completely innocent but Rebecca thought it was to make her jealous.
"I'll give you room three if that's alright?" Norma asked, her smile never fading.
"Yes, of course, that's fine," Rebecca replied, all too quickly.
Norma grabbed the key and gave it to Rebecca as well as her ID, "If you'd like to ask more questions, or talk more, I'll be here until eight-thirty."
"Thank you." Rebecca thanked, walking out of the office and to her room.
Rebecca opened the room door and left it open, going back to her car and grabbing her stuff from the trunk. As she stood by her car, she secretly watched Alex and Norma hug and kiss. Rage was coursing through her and she needed to release that anger.
She slammed her car trunk shut and brought her stuff inside the motel room, slamming that door shut as well.
"Why aren't you at work?" Norma asked, intertwining her fingers with Alex's.
"I just wanted to see you," Alex answered, looking Norma up and down with a smile.
"I'm glad you came to visit," Norma stated
"I'm dying to come home. I should get home at around seven. They're letting me go home early for the next month." Alex stated, playing with a button on the shirt Norma was wearing.
"Thank goodness. Oh, can you pick the boys up from school? I know it's a lot to ask but-"
"Shhh. I will gladly pick the boys up." Alex said, stopping Norma from ranting any longer.
"Thank you," Norma replied, wrapping her arms around his.
"You're welcome." Alex smiled.
It was quiet for a minute before Alex broke the silence.
"Mrs. Romero, I have a question," Alex asked, making Norma laugh
"Go ahead and ask, Sheriff." Norma giggled
"Is this my shirt?" Alex asked, implying to the plaid shirt Norma was wearing.
Norma laughed wildly and nodded her head, "It's comfortable.".
Alex snickered, "God, I love you.".
—————
Like & Comment! 💕
I think after a couple more chapters, this story will come to an end but after this, idk what to write about. I'm thinking about a story about the Warrens or another Normero story, (the Normero story would obviously have a different plot), but idk 🤧🤷🏼‍♀️